9/30/06 - Chicago Mini Meet
Oct 1, 2006 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Audio Addict

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got home a little while ago. It was a great get together today. Mostly was just kicking back and catching up with good friends.

Actually very little time spent listening to headphones. I didn't even get my system out of the car. We spent most the day listening to Ray's system featuring the Cary 845s, his B-52, XR10-B, VPI HRX and his custom developed speakers. A special thanks to Dimitri, who brought some great vinyl to listen to.

I would also like to thank Ray and Grace for hosting the meeting. Even further I want to thank Grace for an unbelievable meal. I thought we were in one of Chicago's 5-star restaurants. The spread was just out of sight and just when you didn't think it could get better, she had another great follow-up with coffee, tea and dessert.

Oct 1, 2006 at 10:03 AM Post #3 of 29
Some pictures would be great!
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #5 of 29
That meal sounds wonderful. How about a write-up on it? Any pictures?

Oct 1, 2006 at 1:24 PM Post #6 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict
I would also like to thank Ray and Grace for hosting the meeting. Even further I want to thank Grace for an unbelievable meal. I thought we were in one of Chicago's 5-star restaurants. The spread was just out of sight and just when you didn't think it could get better, she had another great follow-up with coffee, tea and dessert.

Sorry I has to miss it.
Grace is awesome isn't she?
It's amazing that Ray isn't gigantic, I know I would be if my Wife could cook like that
biggrin.gif

What did she make for you?
TR

Oct 1, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict

Noooooooooooooo!!! I missed more of Grace's cooking.
frown.gif
I had to goto my cousin's birthday. I think I may have chosen the wrong party.

Oct 1, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #10 of 29
Holy Cow!!!! What an awesome spread.
blink.gif

For the first time, the gear has been trumped - and it's by Grace's cooking! LOL!

You're a lucky man, Ray.

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #11 of 29
Sounds like a great time...
biggrin.gif

Sorry I missed it.
frown.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #12 of 29
oh my lord. LOOKIT THE FOOD.

the cary monoblocks ain't half bad either. and what's my Green Hornet doing there?
lambda.gif
thanks for the pics!

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
For the first time, the gear has been trumped - and it's by Grace's cooking! LOL!

You're a lucky man, Ray.

Aint that the truth. The feast looks amazing. Glad you'll had a great time.

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by RaYSaMueLsSoN
DSC02939.jpg

The B-52 certainly looks great! Looks really solid, almost like it is bullet proof.
I want one...
wink.gif

Quote:

DSC02945.jpg

Wow! Those Cary amplifiers are huge!
Hope you use them to power balanced headphones. he he

* /me let the other guys talk about the food.. *

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #15 of 29
Looks Yummy!

I see Billy & John, who are the other guys?

[size=medium]RAY, how many times must we tell you to pick up your phones before someone steps on them! You better let me have them for safe keeping.
tongue.gif
[/size]

DSC02947.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back