80mm fan
Apr 8, 2005 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

uzziah

Headphoneus Supremus
i'm rather walking the line between quiet and oc'ing. i have a masscool whisperock II hs/fan cooling a xp-m 2500+ and a yate-loon 120mm exhaust fan. i need an 80mm intake fan for my antec case. i'll be running it only slightly under top voltage (fanmate) or at full voltage, while the exhaust fan will be running turned down significantly to create positive pressure. thoughts? nexus looks like a winner. where to buy? $10 or less shipped would be nice.

Apr 8, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 55
May I ask what Antec computer case you have?

Also, unless you've got a problem with dust collecting in your computer case, I'm guessing that a negative pressure set-up will provide more efficient cooling than a positive pressure rig.

Apr 8, 2005 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
Panaflo L1A is still one of the best quiet fans.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...758108373&rd=1

I still don't like the bearing chatter (when blowing side to side) it's prone too. (most low RPM fans are). That and it won't start up at 5V.

PCPowerandCooling's Silencer 80mm does not have the bearing chatter.

The Papst NGL 80mm fans are even quieter, but they have so little CFM's.

The absolute quietest 80mm fan I've ever used is Verax. But it is very expensive.

-Ed

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #9 of 55
More convinent to have computer's power supply powering your fans
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #11 of 55
You guys, I am serious, I have tried them all. Nexus is the best quiet fan on the market. Panaflo's have them beat for longevity, but they have bearing noise, not much but more than I could deal with. Nexus is the best right now, for all sizes.

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:05 PM Post #12 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
You guys, I am serious, I have tried them all. Nexus is the best quiet fan on the market. Panaflo's have them beat for longevity, but they have bearing noise, not much but more than I could deal with. Nexus is the best right now, for all sizes.

I agree that the Nexus is the quietest straight out of the box, but I have not had the same problems with undervolting the L1A's.

Apr 9, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #13 of 55
but dont Nexus have low air flow performance?

i'm currently looking for a 80mm to replace a PC Power & Cooling 510 PSU. i was thinking of the panaflo.

Edwood so what's the Verax prices like? i've never even heard of that company. do they have good airflow performance and really quiet?

-

what pin connector do you need for a PSU replacement fan? 2 or 3pin?

Apr 9, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #15 of 55
Those coolermaster fans are loud, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back