80 gig limit
Oct 14, 2007 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Whitebread

1000+ Head-Fier
Has any player surpassed the 80 gig limit as of yet? I've completely given up waiting for a player that will hold my entire collection, but I want to be able to take as much with me as possible.

If this hasn't been passed yet, what 80 gig FLAC capable options do I have other than a rockboxxed iPod (has the 5.5 gen been supported yet)?

Oct 14, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #2 of 24
160GB ipod classic..but they havent been rockboxxed yet, but you can use alac.

Oct 14, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 24
Ok well I'm sure rockboxx will be available sometime in the future. I can just wait.

Oct 14, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitebread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok well I'm sure rockboxx will be available sometime in the future. I can just wait.

Is it too much of a problem to convert your FLACs to ALAC files? They're just as lossless.
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it too much of a problem to convert your FLACs to ALAC files? They're just as lossless.
tongue.gif

x2

I just converted around 30 WMA Lossless files to Apple Lossless and it didn't take all that long.

Definitely faster than waiting for Rockbox.

Oct 14, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

tongue.gif

10K songs is a lot to convert.

Oct 14, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

10K songs is a lot to convert.

Do it overnight, or while you're out.

Or do it in stages over several nights. You won't need all 10K on your iPod at once.

Oct 14, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Or do it in stages over several nights. You won't need all 10K on your iPod at once.

Yeah I really don't understand some people's need to store all of their songs on their DAP at once. More than 2/3 of the albums on my 80GB iMod I don't listen to--I'd usually go back to my fav albums anyway.

Oct 15, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

The real reason I want to wait is because i absolutely despise itunes. I'm not going to be able to purchase the player until Christmas either so waiting for Rockbox isn't all that difficult to do.

Oct 15, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I really don't understand some people's need to store all of their songs on their DAP at once. More than 2/3 of the albums on my 80GB iMod I don't listen to--I'd usually go back to my fav albums anyway.

My tastes differ depending on my mood. Having all my music enables me to pick and choose exactly what I want exactly when I want it.

Oct 15, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

The real reason I want to wait is because i absolutely despise itunes. I'm not going to be able to purchase the player until Christmas either so waiting for Rockbox isn't all that difficult to do.

unless im mistaken the encryption still hasnt been cracked on the 2g nano and the ipod classic uses the same encryption, and as long as its encrypted, its impossible to install rockbox. So waiting for rockbox could be in vain.

Oct 15, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unless im mistaken the encryption still hasnt been cracked on the 2g nano and the ipod classic uses the same encryption, and as long as its encrypted, its impossible to install rockbox. So waiting for rockbox could be in vain.

Ugh, how long has the 2g been out for?

Oct 15, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #15 of 24
I've got 140 gigs of music.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back