< $80 Bass heavy IEMS
Mar 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

aaronmatey

New Head-Fier
Hey, just wondering if some of you could give me advice on what to go for? I will be using them for dance/rock music with my shuffle 
Edit:
So i ordered some rha ma 350's as at the time the e10's were out of stock everywhere, but I think I will return them as they seem very inconsistent and the cable feedback is insanely bad, however over the past week this head fi stuff has taken over me and I've found myself constantly researching and looking through every review and changing my mind every time so I would really appreciate some help. I sold my shuffle and ordered a sansa clip, I will mostly be listening to dance music, so good bass is a must for me, but i only wish to spend around $80.
I've been looking at:
Brainwavz m2
e10's with or without comply foam tips
vsonic gr02
american id spark
dunu trident 
hippo VB (are they worth the extra money, mixed reviews on them lasting for ages or breaking quickly)

I'm open to any other suggestions

Thanks.

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #4 of 14
Hey little newbie dude. :)

I have only heard the E10 out of the two and can recommend them strongly for you. SoundMAGIC E10 was my first taste of Head-Fi and I still have them today and use them, so you can't go wrong with the E10. They actually suit all genres really well and are great value for money.

Mar 3, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #6 of 14
I have heard story's of the housings coming apart, people pop In every now and then. Though my pair have held out pretty well I've had them over a year now. I wouldn't call it terrible build quality, just look after them.

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #9 of 14
At this point I am going to have to very strongly suggest you look at the JVC FXD80-Z, which you can order through Tenso from Amazon Japan for about $60 USD including shipping.

It's bassy, you get a full stainless steel construction body that is tremendously durable, and a great sound for the price.

I personally consider it insane value for the Japanese street price!

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #10 of 14
I'm from the UK, I said it in dollars as i thought the majority or people from this forum were American.. yeah but they come a bit over budget here as the only place you can get them is ebay :frowning2:

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #11 of 14
The Hippo Vb does very well in the bass region especially sub bass. You will not be disappointed with it. However do need to take note of the built quality. I've owned 2 of them and both broke within half year of usage.

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #14 of 14
Out of the few you mentioned I've only tried the SoundMagic E10 & the VSonic Gr02 Bass & I gotta say the VSonic Gr02 is better in terms of Bass & also has clearer vocals. But I do notice the GR02 has a slight hiss in vocals compared to the E10's but nonetheless the GR02 BE are the better choice & will definitely suit dance music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back