8 years ago . . .
Mar 26, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #229 of 286
welcome to the club.....the waiting game has begin

for dac if you decided to settle with 009, try look for an used neko audio d100. Preferably the mark2 version and xlr balanced version. it should be in a region of $700-900. I much prefer it to Electrocompaniet ECD-2 and Meitner Ma-1 (3k and 6k new respectively), I owned the ECD and Meitner I audienced it extensively. And don't be ashamed to have a "cheap" or entry level or whatever people say DAC on one of the totl system. I know I wont be.

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #231 of 286
  welcome to the club.....the waiting game has begin

for dac if you decided to settle with 009, try look for an used neko audio d100. Preferably the mark2 version and xlr balanced version. it should be in a region of $700-900. I much prefer it to Electrocompaniet ECD-2 and Meitner Ma-1 (3k and 6k new respectively), I owned the ECD and Meitner I audienced it extensively. And don't be ashamed to have a "cheap" or entry level or whatever people say DAC on one of the totl system. I know I wont be.

Actually, I already have an entry-level DAC/amp . . . an ADL/Furutech Esprit.  I've decided to be patient on upgrading the DAC, principally because I'm waiting to read reviews for the PS Audio DirectStream DAC.

Update:  I probably will not have to play the waiting game.  Assuming the transaction goes well (and there is no real reason to believe it won't), I found and purchased a used KGBH off the 'gon yesterday.  It may not be the BHSE, but at 40% the price and the ability to have it at the end of the week (instead of at the end of this year), it seemed a no-brainer.  I'm very excited, but a little concerned that folks might weigh in and tell me how inferior it is to the BHSE.  But, I had to act quickly and wasn't able to seek the Summit-Fi consensus before pulling the trigger . . . .

Mar 26, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #232 of 286

Actually, I already have an entry-level DAC/amp . . . an ADL/Furutech Esprit.  I've decided to be patient on upgrading the DAC, principally because I'm waiting to read reviews for the PS Audio DirectStream DAC.

Update:  I probably will not have to play the waiting game.  Assuming the transaction goes well (and there is no real reason to believe it won't), I found and purchased a used KGBH off the 'gon yesterday.  It may not be the BHSE, but at 40% the price and the ability to have it at the end of the week (instead of at the end of this year), it seemed a no-brainer.  I'm very excited, but a little concerned that folks might weigh in and tell me how inferior it is to the BHSE.  But, I had to act quickly and wasn't able to seek the Summit-Fi consensus before pulling the trigger . . . .

The Concero HD I mentioned does DSD if that is of interest, at a spectacular price point.

We can all offer suggestions opinions, etc. In the end it is your ears that must be happy and only you can decide when you have achieved your own personal goals. Remember, we all hear differently, both for technical and preferencial reasons.

Mar 26, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #233 of 286

So it was you who snagged it...

Mar 26, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #234 of 286
Yes, it was me. I hope I wasn't competing against any head-fiers, though I suppose it's likely that I was. I was just fortunate to see the listing almost as soon as it went up.

Mar 26, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #235 of 286
Well congrats I suppose.  Did he ever send you pics?  Despite my best efforts, I've gotten beat out about 3 times already within the past year or so on second hand BHSE's.  I don't know if it's my online personality, bad luck, being too slow (I am generally not), or what.  The pain isn't as bad anymore.

Mar 26, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #236 of 286
I am sorry, genuinely, though thankful for my own good fortune. I didn't even ask for pics, feeling it smarter to commit at the earliest possible moment.

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #237 of 286
Grats on the snag, hope it does well for you. Now to find a minty mk1, right?

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #238 of 286
I think I'm committed to pairing it with the 009s, though I've not yet pulled the trigger (up until 2 days ago, I thought I had the luxury of time, waiting on a new BHSE!). Second option would clearly be the Mk.I

Mar 27, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #239 of 286
Congrats on the KGBH amp.  I have not heard it but the BHSE should be superior sounding to it.  Wonder if the KGBH is any better than a full spec KGSSHV.  Maybe Justin, Birgir, or KG can shed some light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back