Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll review the HR2 I'm going to win in order to claim that HD800
wink.gif

(Overconfident
ksc75smile.gif
)
Still relaxed of course
wink.gif

By the way, just to clarify... You're saying that reviews will receive bonus points after the first batch is read-over (i.e. no review has bonus points yet?) <- this is where my blood pressure rises
wink.gif

All approved reviews get 10 points.

The best, most informative reviews, based on a bunch of criteria, may receive bonus points.

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #94 of 109
Thanks again to Earphone Solutions, very generous. It has been awhile since I have heard the iGrados. Do people still do the foam mod on these or did Grado start doing it themselves? I thought I heard that awhile back.

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #98 of 109
I was going to check up on this the other day but got distracted and then forgot.

Thank you again! I have been very curious about the Grado sound.

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #99 of 109
Hey Flavio - are you going to post the link to the next giveaway here? That way everyone who is subscribed will know about the new contest without having to be on the lookout for a new thread. Or I guess you could just make this one long thread. Anyway, thanks again.
beerchug.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #100 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Flavio - are you going to post the link to the next giveaway here? That way everyone who is subscribed will know about the new contest without having to be on the lookout for a new thread. Or I guess you could just make this one long thread. Anyway, thanks again.
beerchug.gif

Good idea. Will do!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #101 of 109
Just got them today. Thanks again!

I'm comparing them to my PortaPros now...

To be oversimplistic, I think they sound fairly similar straight from my S9, sharing a rather warm and bassy sound. Though this may change as the iGrados burn in, (my PortaPros have a lot of hours on them) I think the PortaPro barely has the edge simply because they're a bit more detailed, have better separation and better highs, whereas the iGrado has somewhat recessed highs (though smoother than the PortaPro), a bit muddier bass, and most importantly, doesn't seem to have the same liquid-like, famous Grado mids. Essentially, from what I can tell now, the iGrado is a great portable can, but doesn't really retain the "Grado gene" that I love so much.

EDIT: Nevermind all of that. Upon other suggestions, I just did the nickle mod--Much better sound indeed. Better than the PortaPro, especially in the mids. The detail in all registers, especially the highs, came out really well and no more muddiness either.

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #102 of 109
I got mine today. I think they sound great, but I love the low end Grado sound. SR60s are still my all time favorite phone, mostly because I can just enjoy music, any music and not worry about all the audiophile obsession.

I had heard a set awhile back, and if I am not mistaken they now come with the foam mod already taken care of. I could be wrong though, it has been awhile.

I haven't done anything to these and they sound very balanced and open, with a surprisingly good soundstage for a grado. I actually think the mids are the strength of this phone.

Thanks again HPS!!

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #105 of 109
Meh missed this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back