7th Gen (2009) iPod Classic 160 SQ
Oct 7, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #31 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would you compare it to the sound of 5.5 generation iPods?

Unfortunately I don't have the iPod 5.5G

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the new Classic hiss?

There's no hiss with my JH13s.

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #33 of 548
I'm getting bored/frustrated with Vinyl and CDs and would like an easier solution to my music collection.

Would a 6/6.5/7th Gen. (not sure of current Gen) Classic work/sound good for an above average Home System?

How or what is the best method and equipment necessary to get highest quality sound from ipod to AVR?

LQQK

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #34 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by LQQK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting bored/frustrated with Vinyl and CDs and would like an easier solution to my music collection.

Would a 6/6.5/7th Gen. (not sure of current Gen) Classic work/sound good for an above average Home System?

How or what is the best method and equipment necessary to get highest quality sound from ipod to AVR?

LQQK

The Wadia 170i is exactly what you need.

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #35 of 548
I'm still mesmerized with the great sound that this thing produces. I can't even believe that Cnet and Ilounge state on their reviews that the sound is the same of the last year model. Do they even listen to the devices they review or RMAA them ? With this very ipod model it looks that they just went through the motions.
It's very unfair and misleading to state such that the sound is the same as 08 model when the truth is that the 2009 Classic sound rocks real hard. This Classic is a winner and if it has to be the last Classic ever it would have ended on a really high note.

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #36 of 548
does new classic sound better than iTouch 2. gen? i would ask this, if it will be apport for me from iTouch

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #37 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by LQQK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LQQK

I was in your exact situation for several years and just made the jump to a new Classic. I just plug in an Apple dock to my amplifier and it sounds pretty good (it will get a long detailed test this weekend). As mentioned here the Wadia would be a better bet if you're an audiophile. Add a nice speaker dock if you have a secondary location and some IEM's for in between.
If you go this way, be BRUTAL with your ripping decisions! You will end up with a smaller library, but you will love every single song and it will all be immediately accessible.
Can definitely put some spark back into your love affair with your music!
jecklinsmile.gif

Shane D

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #38 of 548
I went that exact path just one year ago and the result is that i fell in love again with music and listened and discovered many long forgotten albums. Convenience can be your friend really. I rip to Apple Lossless and AAC 320. I load into the iPod AAC 320 till one day 300 Gigs or so are for real and i can load everything lossless. At home i stream the lossless library.

Is there any application that can autofill an Ipod with whole albums (Not scattered tracks) ? If that thing exists i could go now with lossless otherwise i don't have the time to refill my ipod periodically.

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #39 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by elfary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any application that can autofill an Ipod with whole albums (Not scattered tracks) ? If that thing exists i could go now with lossless otherwise i don't have the time to refill my ipod periodically.

You probably may solve this with iTunes smart playlists.

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #40 of 548
I spent a few minutes last week trying to set up a smart playlist but had problems with the selection criteria. If i chose album it fill the ipod with whole albums but just in the order of the itunes library not randomly. If i went with random as a criteria it did fill the ipod randomly but with scattered tracks.

With this days capacity i guess that apple should try to evolve the autofill feature in the future.

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #41 of 548
@elfary: you can try 2 itunes libraries. i solved it this way, because i wanted to have the first ipod with AAC and second with lossless music. So each ipod has its own itunes library in PC (one with AAC files and one with lossless files). When itunes is starting, hold SHIFT key (for windows) or option key (for mac). dont forget to back up your library.

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #42 of 548
Thanks for the tip man. But i already have two libraries. I think i did not explain myself well. My point is if is there is any app that choose random albums from your library (Whatever it is) and put em as a whole into any ipod. To my knowledge the autofill feature just pick random songs (Not albums) and fill the ipod in question.

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #44 of 548
A couple of points:

- I would never buy a DAP without auditioning it. Even then, I would want a guarantee that I could return it within 7 days for a full refund. The Sept 2009 160GB Classic is a keeper.

- Onkyo now have a (cheaper) dock which will bypass the iPod DAC, same chip as the Wadia - I havent seen any reviews, but its definitely over 200 Aussie dollars cheaper than the Wadia transport.

- again, I wouldnt get too hung up on whether its the Cirrus Logic chip or something else that makes the new iPods sound better (or whether others agree that they sound better): I can only recommend that you listen to a current Classic/Touch/iPhone 3GS and make your own call. I also have a strong recommendation for the current Shuffle from someone whose opinion I respect, but ultimately it comes down to hearing each for yourself.

- the obsession with the Touch/iPhone goes well beyond their music playing capabilities, and I have enjoyed messing around with everything from video to web browsing on my 1st Gen Touch, but the storage offered by the current Classic is hard to beat, for mine : debates about which sounds better are meaningless as long as your choice sounds good to you.

estreeter

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #45 of 548
Believe me, I could care less about chips- but I am trying to get some reference as I own an older 160GB and an iPhone 3Gs. I would possibly consider upgrading to the new Classic if I knew I could get a DAP with 160GB capacity that sounds like my iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back