7th Annual ChiUniFi - June 22nd
Jun 4, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #33 of 139
Is Fang coming this year?

Edit: I can't read. That blows he won't be there.

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #34 of 139
Quote:
Is Fang coming this year?

Edit: I can't read. That blows he won't be there.

I agree but be sure to take a look at the generous raffle donation made.  It would have been great to have Fang or Peter at the event.  I wan't at the first ChiUniFi but I think Fang and Ray may have been along with bhd812, the founder of the event.

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #35 of 139
I'd definitely like to come, last year's was fun.

Equipment I can bring:

Grado RS1i
Sennheiser HD700

Woo Audio WA6
Cambridge Audio DACMagic
ALO Audio Rx Mk2
CypherLabs AlgoRythm

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #36 of 139
Add plus one to my list. Friend of mine wants to come.

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #37 of 139
Quote:
I'll likely be attending - my first meet! 

How does bringing your gear to the meet work? Do you need to reserve some space or is there usually enough that you can just show up and set up shop at a table? Speaking of which, would you have to bring your own table, lol? 

im wondering the same thing lol.

first meet if i come this year

Jun 10, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #38 of 139
Quote:

We had every table the hotel had in the room last year and it was just enough.  The earlier you come the better the chance.  Ray usually brings too much but he may be a little lighter this year but I never count on it.   He brings the A10 for the SR009 and the Dark Star for the HE6 and Audeze LCD3 and then he typically brings the B52 but they at least all use his Boulder 1021 CD player for the source.  He also has a laptop for the Intruder. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #39 of 139
hmm..

any1 care for wa2 or wa6-se?

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #42 of 139
Quote:

The way it works is:

You come, bring some gear.  Find a space to set up your gear.  always a good idea to bring along an extension cord and maybe a power strip.  at this point, you walk around, talk to people, and try out everyones gear.  if you would like to try your headphones on someone else's gear, that is welcome.  If you want to try someones elses headphones on your rig, just find out who's they are, and ask them.  They will say yes, but its always good to ask if you can move around with someones expensive headphones.  basically, if you bring it, your inviting other people to check it out.  Bring along some music.  there are usually a smattering of cd players, mp3 players, and computers used as sources.  

Make especially sure you talk to people.  There is an amazing amount of experience and knowledge at the meets, and everyone has a different philosophy in their listening habits.

Is that helpful enough?  oh yeah, there is a raffle as well that helps fund the rental of the space for the next year.  bring a little cash to join in the fun.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #43 of 139
Damn!  I've committed to a barbecue, and also have symphony tickets,  can't make it.  Next year.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #45 of 139
Quote:
 I hope skylab makes it to the chiunify meet.I am going to try to make the meet.I have never been to one so it should be educational.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back