7th Annual ChiUniFi - June 22nd
May 25, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #17 of 139
I'm there. Just bringing my vinyl rig. 

May 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #20 of 139
While I'm glad HiFiMan donated to the raffle, I'm bummed Fang (or someone in his stead) won't personally be there to talk to!

May 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #21 of 139
While I'm glad HiFiMan donated to the raffle, I'm bummed Fang (or someone in his stead) won't personally be there to talk to!

I am sure with the expanded headphone section at this weekend's The Newport Beach Show, could be a factor. We will just need to grow ChiUniFi so it is the place to go. If we can continue to grow attendance more vendors will want to come.

May 31, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #22 of 139
Interesting thought...  Do we track attendance?

If not, I'm sure we could start from those who RSVP on this thread (and the other announcement thread started earlier in the year, as well as going back to past threads for previous years) but perhaps we should keep a basic registration record of people who actually walk in the door for meets.  We could also keep a separate list of vendors who attend, with gear demoed or prizes given to the raffle (and advertise that vendor presence in order to attract more vendors)!  We're a long way from growing to the size of something like THE Show, but I don't think it would take long to turn our ChiUniFi from a local HeadFi meet-up into an event magnet for the industry to come support in a truly serious manner!

Thoughts?

Am I volunteering myself for the assignment?

Hmm... the temptation of working to build out a bigger event with more gear for me to try out... irresistible!

May 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #24 of 139
Interesting thought...  Do we track attendance?

If not, I'm sure we could start from those who RSVP on this thread (and the other announcement thread started earlier in the year, as well as going back to past threads for previous years) but perhaps we should keep a basic registration record of people who actually walk in the door for meets.  We could also keep a separate list of vendors who attend, with gear demoed or prizes given to the raffle (and advertise that vendor presence in order to attract more vendors)!  We're a long way from growing to the size of something like THE Show, but I don't think it would take long to turn our ChiUniFi from a local HeadFi meet-up into an event magnet for the industry to come support in a truly serious manner!

Thoughts?

Am I volunteering myself for the assignment?

Hmm... the temptation of working to build out a bigger event with more gear for me to try out... irresistible!

Always can use additional assistance. Growing can come with a lot of issued. If you look at some of those that were involved with the Chicago CanJam, most are no longer active in Head-Fi. I don't know the why's but need to go slowly.

Jun 1, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #25 of 139
Quote:
If you look at some of those that were involved with the Chicago CanJam, most are no longer active in Head-Fi. I don't know the why's but need to go slowly.

I don't know about you, but it seems like most of the people who merely attended CanJam 2010 (or any previous CanJams) are no longer active on Head-Fi. I can't help but feel a little sad that out of the current generation of Head-Fiers, most probably never got a chance to attend one of the original independent National Meets/CanJams. Though it might be wishful thinking, I'm still holding out hope for another independent CanJam to rise again eventually, surely that can't be impossible?

But I digress and wish all the best for your meet. One of these days I'll have to get back out to a Chicago meet again since the last one I attended was CJ '10! The timing just hasn't worked out for me since CJ '10 but I've been keeping an eye on you guys.
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #26 of 139
Quote:
I'll bring the following

Mad Dogs
Sennheiser hd 650
Grado sr125

Schiit Magni and Modi
Bottlehead Crack
RSA P51 Mustang
ALO Continental V2

MacBook Air

Awesome!  I'm brand new to Head-Fi, but can't wait to check out this event.  I'd love a chance to try your Mad Dogs & HD650; I'm finally looking to upgrade and those two are high on my list of potential buys.

I'd also love to learn what's involved in putting together that bottlehead kit!

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #28 of 139
I'll likely be attending - my first meet! 

How does bringing your gear to the meet work? Do you need to reserve some space or is there usually enough that you can just show up and set up shop at a table? Speaking of which, would you have to bring your own table, lol? 

Jun 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #29 of 139
Updated our raffle prize listing and supporters.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vQ5bOaQSYcLyg7VKTblebkFebFf3Rb5Q3AE1xhIUDZU/edit?usp=sharing

Also, I heard from Donald (dBel84) and he will see what be bring some of the followings:

Liquid Gold
Liquid Glass
Liquid Fire
Liquid Lightning II

Headphones would include LCD3, SR009 and Abyss.

Finally, let's start putting a more official list of who will be attending.  Could you drop me a PM here if you plan to attend if you don't see your name on the list.  as I have gone through the trying to identify those attending.  The list is in the first post for Attendees.

Jun 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #30 of 139
Last year was my first head-fi meet and it was awesome. I am excited to attend again this year. Thank you for all the effort putting this together, and thanks to the sponsors!

-joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back