7hz x Crinacle Dioko Thread
Jul 1, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #31 of 83
EQ’ed my S12 approximately the Dioko tuning /w it’s thick sub bass with linear roll off to 200hz, IEF neutral pin a gain with the cut at the peak.
Graph and PEQ values:
https://imgur.com/a/HZAMrhx
Tested it against a song with a mixed genre:

Or here for lossless

Oh boy if this is how it will sound…we’re onto a winner.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #32 of 83
C9EBF506-5E35-4FCE-97BF-603D69CFFEE7.png

Waiting to be shipped. If I like it upon arrival I’ll post impressions. If I don’t like it, I’ll post early impressions after burn-in. The 2 planars I’ve heard were way different after burn-in, so this one will also probably need it?

Jul 1, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #33 of 83
They look very pink/purple and being glass and round will look like giant ear-rings. The tips colors are ugly and childish. My tip size is barbie nailpolish pink like for little child. Why would I choose pinky iems and tips ? It doesn't fit to any other colors like eyeglasses, caps, shirts, t-shirts and these pinky colors will make people smirk and give me unwanted attention. On Amazon pinky items are always deeply discounted because besides girly girls nobody really wants them. The product looks feminine, childish, cheap, uncool and unmasculine unlike 7hz timeless which look cool, noble, classic and stylish. I hope they will get discounted to 50%+ because of their uglyness and then I can paint them over otherwise no sale because product looks is deeply dissatisfactory and not socially acceptable.

Let’s not be judgmental without even seeing them in person, shall we? Also, maybe consider that taste is not universal. Your yuck is someone else’s yum.

Jul 1, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #35 of 83
Jul 1, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #36 of 83
Looks really well done on paper. What we can't know is how rhythmic the bass will be. If there was a damping compromise to achieve that response. I suspect it's good bass and may also be related to the larger shell but you can only see so much in a response curve. It's a planar so I'd expect the damping if fine.

Jul 5, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #41 of 83
Jul 5, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #42 of 83
Jul 5, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #43 of 83
This is about what I expected from the original graph. These drivers need more slam not less. Lining up the mids with the Crinacle target and leaving everything alone would probably be the better option. Here's what I did with my S12.

graph.png
On that note…this target has turned me into a classical lover. Looked so unlikely to sound good compared to Harmann target. But oh boy.

Attachments

• F22FABC8-A0D8-429A-B6DF-28C178FD10EC.jpeg
    F22FABC8-A0D8-429A-B6DF-28C178FD10EC.jpeg
    568 KB · Views: 0
Jul 9, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #44 of 83
Looking forward to comparisons between Timeless and Dioko.

For those who have Timeless AND will be purchasing/testing the Dioko, besides comparing the Dioko “out of the box”, it would be very interesting, if they have access to good EQ software (e.g., Qudelix 5K), to tune the frequency of the Dioko to the Timeless (e.g., see the following: ).

Would I buy the Timeless at $199 or buy the Dioko and a Qudelix 5K for $210 instead???? As I’ve never listened to a planar iem, I’m leaning towards Dioko + Qudelix.

Jul 11, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #45 of 83
I am torn between the aria SE and the Dioko. I don't mind spending the extra £20 pounds if I am to get a better performing iem. I do intend to EQ whichever iem I decide to get....just throwing it out there...what would you esteemed head- fiers suggest my choice should be. My collection is RnB, 80-90s soul, jazz, Soulful House and reggae. I do like bass but I prefer to equalize it in...AutoEQ with adjustments. I also like to clearly here the vocals and instruments in the music I listen to...no muddiness.
On another note, I noticed in Crinacle's graphing tool you can set the range up to 20khz..when I do this for the dioko it smoothes out the treble region of the graph and gives slightly different AutoEq pmeq values...is it worth doing this or should I stick to the 15k limit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back