Apr 27, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #3,977 of 4,271
Legato ordered.
How is the original cable ?
Any advice for an other cable ?

Apr 27, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #3,978 of 4,271
Legato ordered.

The stock cable is very serviceable. It is well-braided and tangle-free, with a chin cinch. There’s, unfortunately slight microphonics.

It looks like this:
7Hz_Legato_Cable.jpg

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #3,979 of 4,271
Legato ordered.
The stock cable is very serviceable. It is well-braided and tangle-free, with a chin cinch. There’s, unfortunately slight microphonics.
This.... I find the cable to be very good for the overall price, and furthermore the IEMs sound pretty good with it. I'll be honest here, I hadn't even noticed any microphonics until @baskingshark mentioned it, so yes, they are only slightly so.

If I were to replace the cable, I might go for a pure silver one to give a bit more air to the presentation, but this is purely subjective and based only on preferences here. I don't really feel it needs a change, but since you asked.... :)

Congrats on your new (incoming) shiny! :)

Apr 29, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #3,983 of 4,271
May 2, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #3,987 of 4,271
Legato landed.
What a big but nice case.
I must be a basshead unknown because, out if the box, I don't feel assaulted by bass. :wink:
It's warm, with big bass, but not too much.
I can feel highs, yes, even if they are recessed.
Now it's burning time.

Attachments

• 20230502_101431.jpg
    20230502_101431.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
May 2, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #3,989 of 4,271
Legato landed.
I must be a basshead unknown because, out if the box, I don't feel assaulted by bass. :wink:
Now it's burning time.
That's a nice case

May 2, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #3,990 of 4,271
Legato landed.
Now it's burning time.
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

Yes, I love the case also. At first, I thought it too big but now the size is one of the major attractions for me.

No, I don't think you are hearing it wrong. I think most of the bass energy is in the sub bass, which might make them sound like they have a bit less bass energy when listening to music that doesn't focus on it. Listen to one of those songs, and you will hear some huge bass... :)

As for the recessed treble, I think for my ears, I prefer it to be a little less dark as an overall signature, so I added a very very simple +5dB high shelf PEQ starting at 8kHz. Now they are open and airy sounding and believe it for not this is also what the mids needed to sound a bit more clear. Of course they are perfectly serviceable without this, but IMO this PEQ makes them more rounded and balanced.

With that in mind, I wonder if putting a pure silver cable on them might help with this without the need for an EQ profile?! I will have to get and try a couple of 3rd party cables to test this theory. I am already using wide bore tips, so I won't get much help in that regard.
The Jcally Otg - Adapter With 7hz71 for the timeless ae and an iPhone is a combination which works well? Or is this no good idea?
I have not heard the 7Hz 71, but looking at the stats, it may or may not sound great with these. Remember that these are planar drivers. And planar drivers require the amount of mW listed, but they also require more than normal current to drive them properly; planar drivers operate on current swing, not voltage swing like DDs do. Plus there is the whole "synergy" thing.

Having said that, they might sound fine, though I know with the OG Timeless, they do scale with more power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back