7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Apr 17, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #3,901 of 4,269
WOW! You add MORE sub bass? I can see having to feed it more power because they are very inefficient. Have you tried running them through a balanced connection? On most DAPs (portable) and desktop solutions, balanced connections have more power output; not to mention much better crosstalk control.
Yes, I added more more bass and running it using balanced out of a Fiio M11pro. I'm using a Eletech Fortitude cable with the Legato. The stock cable is nice, but I will have to swap out the stock 3.5 to a 4.4mm plug, whenever I'm bored.
It seems I have to bust out my old RSA amps just to run this Legato with boosted bass. I'm running a CT-scan on one IEM so I can see the layout of the drivers in the enclosure.
12042564.jpg

Attachments

• 7Hz Legato.jpeg
    7Hz Legato.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 7Hz Legato.jpg
    7Hz Legato.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 17, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #3,902 of 4,269
Yes, I added more more bass and running it using balanced out of a Fiio M11pro. I'm using a Eletech Fortitude cable with the Legato. The stock cable is nice, but I will have to swap out the stock 3.5 to a 4.4mm plug, whenever I'm bored.
It seems I have to bust out my old RSA amps just to run this Legato with boosted bass. I'm running a CT-scan on one IEM so I can see the layout of the drivers in the enclosure.
12042564.jpg
Wow nice! Did you use a micro CT scanner? I used those for work (research). Beautiful scan

Apr 17, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #3,903 of 4,269
12042564.jpg
That is VERY cool BTW!

Apr 17, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #3,904 of 4,269
Wow nice! Did you use a micro CT scanner? I used those for work (research). Beautiful scan

I use a Nikon XT H 225. Kinda big unit, but it's a workhorse. My main use for it, is to scan batteries among other failure analysis work.

Below is the link to some of my scans and there should be pictures of the Nikon unit.
CT scans

Apr 18, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #3,908 of 4,269
Yeah! More people loving Legato. I’m glad my impressions of them are supported by others. They really are a cool and different sounding set.

it's plain straight out balls to walls tuning.

a proper fcuk u to boring harman.

too damm fun not to include into any collection.

on my list of 2023 iems of the year.

Apr 18, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #3,909 of 4,269
Hello, i have got some questions:

- Is the timeless ae much better than airpods pro 2?
- which of them are in the same league: Tangzu Zetian Wu, OG Timeless, Letshuoer S12 Pro, Aful Performer 5, SeeAudio Yume 2, Truthear Hexa, Letshuoer Gizaudio Galileo, Moondrop Kato, Simgot EA500, Tripowin Olina SE, Tin HiFi T4 Plus, Tin HiFi C2, Truthear Zero, QKZ HBB Khan, raptgo hook-x? or is the timeless ae the best of this list?
- does the timeless ae offer the biggest fun signature? good for rock music?

i think i will try it.

Apr 18, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #3,910 of 4,269
Mmmm!!! So many Qs!!! Some of them confusing!!!
1/ I assume we are speaking about music. Yes, both Timeless OG and Timeless AE are better, faaaar better, than airpods pro 2. Fullstop.
2/ League 1 - Tangzu Zetian Wu, OG Timeless, Hook-X, Letshuoer S12 Pro; but I think the first two are better choice; Hook-X is quite vinyl replay and is open. League 2 - Aful, Yume 2, Galilleo, Kato; but Kato is a bit shouty and some like exactly that. I would skip these - better a bit more money for better. League 3 - Simgot - wonder choice for the price, great replay; like ranking I put it after League 1. Rest in your list - mmm, choose from above 😃

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #3,911 of 4,269
Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #3,913 of 4,269
Apr 18, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #3,914 of 4,269
Great review. These are a unique set. Lots of people will hate them but they land dead center for me. As you point out, the “flaws” present in Legato tend to work together to create a really unique and enjoyable vintage-like sound.
Thank-you.
Yes, notice how the outside is conservative yet the sound inside is not. Where the Dioko was wild on the outside, but maybe too conservative sounding........I’m just rambling here. But maybe the key for some would be to work with a more mid centered DAP, wide-bore ear-tips, and a brighter cable? I mean that is what dialed in the Legato for me. That is disclosed in the introduction to the review as that is how it went down. Though there is also some mental adjustment where tonal acclimation takes place.......for many maybe it would have to, being the most different sound they may have heard for awhile? I feel it’s not always the quality of the new IEM you’re listening to, but how different it sounds in comparison to the last ones you had in your ears?

Still it’s not going to be for everyone, but that’s OK. Everyone should at least make up their mind on their own, instead of just reading about it?

But to me they are simply well made, really comfortable and sound cool!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back