7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Jul 4, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #3,124 of 4,269
My phone is a pocco F3. Isnt LHDC something related to bluetooth? I think that one it supports
I have the POCO F2 Pro and it supports everything. Try a UTWS5 and a Qudelix 5K with your phone and the 7Hz Timeless, before anything else. I haven't found anything better in sound quality + versatility + convenience, in overall.

Jul 4, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #3,125 of 4,269
I have the POCO F2 Pro and it supports everything. Try a UTWS5 and a Qudelix 5K with your phone and the 7Hz Timeless, before anything else. I haven't found anything better in sound quality + versatility + convenience, in overall.

100% agree. I have the UTWS5 and 7hz Timeless. If your DAP or phone supports LHDC, you will be stunned by the audio quality. I tried many highly regarded TWS and it’s not even close to this experience.

Jul 5, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #3,126 of 4,269
100% agree. I have the UTWS5 and 7hz Timeless. If your DAP or phone supports LHDC, you will be stunned by the audio quality. I tried many highly regarded TWS and it’s not even close to this experience.
While there still aren't a ton of phones that support this codec, there are more and more all the time. Any android device with android 10 or higher has the driver baked in. If it isn't implemented on the device, it is because the manufacturer was too lazy, or greedy (with their own codec, Samsung I'm looking at you) being an open-source codec (free).

The good news is that any android device can use LHDC by using an app that has the driver built-in. I am sure there are more by now, but here are the ones that have been around for a bit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LHDC_(codec)

Android apps with this type of LHDC support include Savitech's Hi-Res BT Player, FiiO Music, HIFIMAN Music and DA&T Audio.

Jul 5, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #3,127 of 4,269
While there still aren't a ton of phones that support this codec, there are more and more all the time. Any android device with android 10 or higher has the driver baked in. If it isn't implemented on the device, it is because the manufacturer was too lazy, or greedy (with their own codec, Samsung I'm looking at you) being an open-source codec (free).

The good news is that any android device can use LHDC by using an app that has the driver built-in. I am sure there are more by now, but here are the ones that have been around for a bit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LHDC_(codec)
Add to that list Hiby Music app, Eddict Player. I have Fiio m11 pro and it doesn’t support global LHDC so I use the apps that have it baked in.

If Fiio adds LDAC to the UTWS5 then I would have a global solution. It’s been thrown out by Fiio but I doubt it will happen.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #3,129 of 4,269
Just got my Dioko today. I am loving the case that it came with. Sound wise, it sounds a bit thin and the bass is lacking in punch, vocal is a bit recessed. Mind you, I have been using my Hook-X almost exclusively for the past month. I need to turn up the volume level more on the Dioko than on my Hook-X.
Fit is good and I actually like the fit better than the Timeless. I thought the faceplate will be more purple but it is darker in person.

Jul 7, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #3,130 of 4,269
Just got my Dioko today. I am loving the case that it came with. Sound wise, it sounds a bit thin and the bass is lacking in punch, vocal is a bit recessed. Mind you, I have been using my Hook-X almost exclusively for the past month. I need to turn up the volume level more on the Dioko than on my Hook-X.
Fit is good and I actually like the fit better than the Timeless. I thought the faceplate will be more purple but it is darker in person.
Yours with the wrong or correct filters?

Jul 7, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #3,131 of 4,269
Jul 7, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #3,132 of 4,269
So basically as technically capable as the Timeless, but in the quest to lower the upper bass they've over-dampened the driver?

Jul 7, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #3,133 of 4,269
Not sure. I ordered from Linsoul and they didn't say anything for my order.
Email Linsoul. They are pretty responsive. The response I received was: "Your order was part of the first batch of units and we have shipped out the filter kit.
This is the tracking link:"

Jul 7, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #3,134 of 4,269
Email Linsoul. They are pretty responsive. The response I received was: "Your order was part of the first batch of units and we have shipped out the filter kit.
This is the tracking link:"
I just messaged their support.
And they are sending me the filter kit.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #3,135 of 4,269
So I remove the white filter mesh on my dioko and it really opened up the sound. There is also a black foam inside the nozzle. At first, I tried removing the black foam only and install the white mesh + metal grill, the result is very spicy treble. Then I put back the black foam and only install the metal grill, the result is more open sound. I like the latter combination better. I also noticed a condensation on the metal grill when there is the white mesh. I have never had any condensation on my IEM ever.
20220709_091007.jpg20220709_091038.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back