7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Jan 15, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #1,667 of 4,270
Get ya a set of earbuds called Rose Technics Maria II. Those are so bright they hurt.. Right at 4k(ish). Man they have the widest soundstage I have ever heard (more so than the Senn HD800), but they are only useable on specific songs (that don't trigger that area much)... It is not sibilant though because it isn't a peak, but a whole curve up there.. I am very sensitive in that range also. I can handle lots of treble, just not the upper mids/lower treble.

Are those the only ones you have that get you like that? Have you ever listened to some Beyers? they are known for being really bright.

Hmmm I must have read what you wrote wrong. For some reason I responded thinking you were saying that the Mojo didn't sound as good as the M11, and thought that was odd, because the Mojo pairs with..... EVERYTHING... :smile:
Yes, Beyer DT880 and DT990. Bigger fan of the 990 but like the 880 too. Had them for a long time. I use them off of an OTL tube amp. The highs don't bother me at all. Nothing about the treble bothers me. I could be wrong but I think it's the higher treble that gets most people that are bothered by those Beyers. For me, that Beyer zing up top just seems to help compensate.

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #1,668 of 4,270
Yes, Beyer DT880 and DT990. Bigger fan of the 990 but like the 880 too. Had them for a long time. I use them off of an OTL tube amp. The highs don't bother me at all. Nothing about the treble bothers me. I could be wrong but I think it's the higher treble that gets most people that are bothered by those Beyers. For me, that Beyer zing up top just seems to help compensate.
Oh, I'm with you on that one, the upper treble doesn't bother me at all. And of course it wouldn't bother you with that OTL. They are fantastic. They are in the process of making a tube amp card module for my DX300 (CAN'T wait).

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #1,669 of 4,270
Oh, I'm with you on that one, the upper treble doesn't bother me at all. And of course it wouldn't bother you with that OTL. They are fantastic. They are in the process of making a tube amp card module for my DX300 (CAN'T wait).
I hadn't heard that they were making a tube module for the DX300. That's cool. Wonder if they will make one for the DX240. I have a 220 but don't have Amp9.

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #1,670 of 4,270
I hadn't heard that they were making a tube module for the DX300. That's cool. Wonder if they will make one for the DX240. I have a 220 but don't have Amp9.
Yep Amp13. It was my understanding the the DX240 is compatible with the first gen amp modules?!

Jan 15, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #1,671 of 4,270
Yep Amp13. It was my understanding the the DX240 is compatible with the first gen amp modules?!
Yes, except for Amp9. Much to the dissapointment of quite a few DX220 owners who moved or wanted to move to the 240. I think the issue is that the nutube and it's mount is a little too tall/thick to fit in the thinner 240.

Jan 15, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #1,672 of 4,270
Yes, except for Amp9. Much to the dissapointment of quite a few DX220 owners who moved or wanted to move to the 240. I think the issue is that the nutube and it's mount is a little too tall/thick to fit in the thinner 240.
Well, that just plain sux... I wonder if they will continue on making the gen 1 amps, since the DX300 is the only device that uses the new amp card style, and it has been discontinued. At least I have a collector's item.. LOL

I've thought of getting the DX240 because, while I absolutely love the DX300, I love the form factor of my DX160 (which is about the size of the DX240 from what I have seen). Take the DX300 and put it together with the DX160, and you have the DX240? I assume the DX240 sounds really good, and also with the Timeless?

Jan 15, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #1,673 of 4,270
Well, that just plain sux... I wonder if they will continue on making the gen 1 amps, since the DX300 is the only device that uses the new amp card style, and it has been discontinued. At least I have a collector's item.. LOL

I've thought of getting the DX240 because, while I absolutely love the DX300, I love the form factor of my DX160 (which is about the size of the DX240 from what I have seen). Take the DX300 and put it together with the DX160, and you have the DX240? I assume the DX240 sounds really good, and also with the Timeless?
I don't have the 240. I'm sticking with the 220. I like Timeless better with the Kann Alpha. It's good with the 220 but I think it would be better with Amp8 (although I haven't tried it). I'm using the DX220 stock amp module, Amp1 MKII.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #1,674 of 4,270
I don't have the 240. I'm sticking with the 220. I like Timeless better with the Kann Alpha. It's good with the 220 but I think it would be better with Amp8 (although I haven't tried it). I'm using the DX220 stock amp module, Amp1 MKII.
Well, the good news is that if you get tired of that sound signature, instead of plopping down a new fortune for a new pair of IEMs, just buy a new amp module and it will change dramatically (and not TOO expensive either). Either way you can't lose. A&K makes some heavenly gear as well as iBasso.

Jan 15, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #1,676 of 4,270
I do have an AMP8 module. I hope Ibasso has plans for some new modules for the 240.
I don't see why not. It is the newest model. Since the DX300 has been discontinued, I don't see them making any new amp module beyond the new tube amp, because there is not as much money in it for them. I hope I am wrong though.

Not sure if they consider the DX240 the new flagship or not. Maybe once they source some more DAC chips they will make a DX340????

Either way, once the Amp13 (tube amp) is released, I will be set; I have 4 or 5 sets of planars to enjoy with it.

Jan 16, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #1,677 of 4,270
Could anybody compare the timeless 7hz with audeze isine20? There are the only iems that I like it a lot, but obviously prize is quite different

Timeless is a noticeable step down in resolution from the iSine 20 but an improvement in almost every other way - compared to the iSine 20, the Timeless barely needs EQing and is way more comfortable to wear.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #1,678 of 4,270
I've received my KBEAR Rhyme cable, yesterday, and I've been listening to it. It took a century to arrive from AliExpress, same stands for my SpinFit CP100+ which I do not even have yet, they will arrive tomorrow, most probably. I'm listening to Amazon Music Unlimited through my laptop --> Qudelix 5K (EQ: off) ---> KBEAR Rhyme --> Timeless (stock, KBEAR 08 tips, dark blue/yellow).

The sound feels more balanced and detailed, the soundstage feels wider. To my ears, it sounds great! What makes me genuinely happy is the fact that I can barely tell a difference between this [laptop] setup and listening from my phone, using LDAC. This is extremally important to me, as I never have time to sit down and listen, I am always listening via Bluetooth while doing something else or going somewhere, outside. Not sure if being unable to hear any significant difference has to do with my hearing, I'm quite sure it has to do with Qudelix, though, since its "Wireless performance can be on par with high-resolution wired connectivity"

Compared to my FiiO UTWS5, the sound through the Qudelix is definitely richer but under no circumstance does it feel poorer, or like I am losing something. Actually, I kind of miss the bass now that I'm listening to the Qudelix. I'm listening almost exclusively to Electronica.

After I will receive my SpinFit CP100+ tomorrow, I am done with all the "experiments"; I will just hook my Timeless on my UTWS5 and keep listening. I believe that the Rhyme [cable] will be a good match to my TRI I3.

Jan 16, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #1,679 of 4,270
I've received my KBEAR Rhyme cable, yesterday, and I've been listening to it. It took a century to arrive from AliExpress, same stands for my SpinFit CP100+ which I do not even have yet, they will arrive tomorrow, most probably. I'm listening to Amazon Music Unlimited through my laptop --> Qudelix 5K (EQ: off) ---> KBEAR Rhyme --> Timeless (stock, KBEAR 08 tips, dark blue/yellow).

The sound feels more balanced and detailed, the soundstage feels wider. To my ears, it sounds great! What makes me genuinely happy is the fact that I can barely tell a difference between this [laptop] setup and listening from my phone, using LDAC. This is extremally important to me, as I never have time to sit down and listen, I am always listening via Bluetooth while doing something else or going somewhere, outside. Not sure if being unable to hear any significant difference has to do with my hearing, I'm quite sure it has to do with Qudelix, though, since its "Wireless performance can be on par with high-resolution wired connectivity"

Compared to my FiiO UTWS5, the sound through the Qudelix is definitely richer but under no circumstance does it feel poorer, or like I am losing something. Actually, I kind of miss the bass now that I'm listening to the Qudelix. I'm listening almost exclusively to Electronica.

After I will receive my SpinFit CP100+ tomorrow, I am done with all the "experiments"; I will just hook my Timeless on my UTWS5 and keep listening. I believe that the Rhyme [cable] will be a good match to my TRI I3.
Yea i like cp100+ with timeles more than cp 145 that are too bassy for me. So perhaps worth to get. But really it is very important to get proper tips for timeless as it is key point to get most of these planars. Actually now i use cp100 + and like them with ibasso dx160. And utws5 really good match if you like nice bass and musical presentation. Still best sounding tws adapter right now ( perhaps can say in the world) but downside is your source needs to be aptx adaptive capable. Finaly only kb rhyme cable need to get for full set with timeless. So happy to hear it worked for you. :wink:

Jan 16, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #1,680 of 4,270
I don't see why not. It is the newest model. Since the DX300 has been discontinued, I don't see them making any new amp module beyond the new tube amp, because there is not as much money in it for them. I hope I am wrong though.

Not sure if they consider the DX240 the new flagship or not. Maybe once they source some more DAC chips they will make a DX340????

Either way, once the Amp13 (tube amp) is released, I will be set; I have 4 or 5 sets of planars to enjoy with it.
As i remmber you have/had dx160. With dx300 you get something realy worth to upgrade to such dap with timeless? I wonder how better dap source is noticeble with these planars. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back