7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 27, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #1,381 of 4,269
I know there are differing opinions on whether or not cables make an audible difference. It might depend on setup, source, music genre, age, or evil spirits. Who knows. I personally feel that I can tell the difference pretty easily among the 5 or 6 cables I've tried so far.

I have received and tested my 8-core graphene cable from XINHS. If anyone cares to hear my opinion, let me know and I'll post it here.
Take your time. I've found this 8 core graphene cable to improve over a few days. Initially I was underwhelmed.

Dec 27, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #1,382 of 4,269
Take your time. I've found this 8 core graphene cable to improve over a few days. Initially I was underwhelmed.
Thanks for the advice. How did you feel that it changed?

Dec 27, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #1,383 of 4,269
Thanks for the advice. How did you feel that it changed?
Initially the treble sounded rough, and the bass subdued, like very noticeably. Tried various tips that fit my ears well so it wasn't lack of seal. Later both treble refinement and bass recovered and the bass came back with a vengeance! The resolution is best of the cables I've tried, and mids is fuller.

Dec 27, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #1,384 of 4,269
The first new IEM with a 14.8mm planar driver seems to be releasing soon. It is called the Shuoer S12.

Planar drivers are the future.

Anyone Tempted? I'm thinking about it.... Ive been through many Planar IEMs up to $1200 and I love my Timeless.... but 14.8mm Pure Planar....hmm, no howie, dont do it, dont do it, you're happy - remember?

Dec 27, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #1,385 of 4,269
Anyone Tempted? I'm thinking about it.... Ive been through many Planar IEMs up to $1200 and I love my Timeless.... but 14.8mm Pure Planar....hmm, no howie, dont do it, dont do it, you're happy - remember?
For $130? I'm in. I've spent more on worse things...

Dec 27, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #1,386 of 4,269
Initially the treble sounded rough, and the bass subdued, like very noticeably. Tried various tips that fit my ears well so it wasn't lack of seal. Later both treble refinement and bass recovered and the bass came back with a vengeance! The resolution is best of the cables I've tried, and mids is fuller.
Interesting. My initial experience is exactly the opposite. Laid back treble and strong bass right out of the box. Full mids confirmed. Resolution is top notch, but details take a small hit due to the laid back (but smooth as silk) treble. Of course, I've been running it all day, about 10 hours, so maybe that is helping. Still doing some A/B now. Will have something to report tomorrow.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #1,387 of 4,269
Interesting. My initial experience is exactly the opposite. Laid back treble and strong bass right out of the box. Full mids confirmed. Resolution is top notch, but details take a small hit due to the laid back (but smooth as silk) treble. Still doing some A/B now. Will have something to report tomorrow.
Looking forward to it

Dec 27, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #1,388 of 4,269
Interesting. My initial experience is exactly the opposite. Laid back treble and strong bass right out of the box. Full mids confirmed. Resolution is top notch, but details take a small hit due to the laid back (but smooth as silk) treble. Of course, I've been running it all day, about 10 hours, so maybe that is helping. Still doing some A/B now. Will have something to report tomorrow.
Using tips with wider bores increase treble. I'm having spinfit 360 on my graphene cable.

Dec 27, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #1,389 of 4,269
Using tips with wider bores increase treble. I'm having spinfit 360 on my graphene cable.
Good reminder. I love my cp100+ tips, but I may need to start rolling again to find the best match for this cable. I may try some Azlas.

Dec 27, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #1,390 of 4,269
My impression was ootb and in initial hours. It was, where did the bass go?! The SQ improved when I heard it next day.

Insertion depth changes tonal balance as well. I have to tip roll and check my EQ each time I change something.

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #1,391 of 4,269
about how many hours after comes back the bass with vengeance ?

Dec 28, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #1,392 of 4,269
Good reminder. I love my cp100+ tips, but I may need to start rolling again to find the best match for this cable. I may try some Azlas.
Have you tried spinfit cp145 with timeless? As for me it is good tips and i use them with other dd iems, but they change a little bit of 7hz sound character as they add a little more bass and treble smooths out for me, not so crisp ant transparent. Very noticeble for me and it could be good thing with some bass shy, bright sources but but not if wanting neutral sound from these babies. So overall ordered cp100 + to see what efect it will give. And i never heard iem that is so dependant to tips. They can be transformed completely in all directions, especially bass and treble.

Dec 28, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #1,395 of 4,269
It could be as they are one of easiest to put on timeless iem so no surprise. Is it cp100 + different here?
Cp100+ are a much tighter fit on the nozzle. I have tried CP145 and I like them also, but I find they add a touch too much bass. The cp100+ are more neutral sounding to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back