7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 24, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #1,291 of 4,269
Vocal EDM - Thieaudio Oracle. Best I've ever heard. Timeless is very good but Oracle is ridiculous. Haven't heard Kato.
Way too expensive!

Dec 24, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #1,292 of 4,269
Vocal EDM - Thieaudio Oracle. Best I've ever heard. Timeless is very good but Oracle is ridiculous. Haven't heard Kato.
Oracle ... really well tuned but I think I found them boring. I ended up never listening to them so I sold them. I would agree that overall they are better than Timeless but I am enjoying Timeless a lot more. Different strokes for different folks.

Dec 24, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #1,294 of 4,269
Can anyone compare these to the Moondrop Kato? Been reading about those and not sure which to get now -- want something with amazing vocals and good bass (I listen to vocal EDM).
Penon Serial or Globe, depending on your taste, would fulfill your wants.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #1,295 of 4,269
I am done buying cable for my Timeless. I have pure copper, pure silver and graphene cable for it so far. But, I grab the utws5 + Timeless pair more often as I find wireless more convenient. My second pair of Timeless will be wired so no regret buying those cables.
20211224_153144.jpg

Dec 24, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #1,296 of 4,269
I am done buying cable for my Timeless. I have pure copper, pure silver and graphene cable for it so far. But, I grab the utws5 + Timeless pair more often as I find wireless more convenient. My second pair of Timeless will be wired so no regret buying those cables.
20211224_153144.jpg
Bought a Fiio LC-RC for Timeless for the swappable plugs but it really attenuated the bass. I was ok with the stock cable but it's 4.4mm and all my DAP's have 2.5mm, only one has 4.4mm (and 2.5mm). I'm using what I have on hand. Right now an OCC Litz copper cable which sounds fine. Looks like you have the bases covered.

Dec 24, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #1,297 of 4,269
Oracle ... really well tuned but I think I found them boring. I ended up never listening to them so I sold them. I would agree that overall they are better than Timeless but I am enjoying Timeless a lot more. Different strokes for different folks.
Just answering his question regarding vocal EDM. Oracle is the best I've heard. I agree the Timeless are better overall for me as well.

Dec 24, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #1,298 of 4,269
Honestly, I don't know what Vocal EDM is. When you say "good bass" do you mean, or also mean, a lot of bass?
A good example is Afrojack - Anywhere with you. Very vocal heavy electronic music with bass drops.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #1,299 of 4,269
20211224_153144.jpg
Interested to hear which one you like best. They all have a different sound on the Timeless.

I own those or very similar cables. My favorite, however, is the Rhyme.

Dec 24, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #1,302 of 4,269
I just picked up a couple of new sets of IEMs, including the Timeless and they sound damn good! I used my Fiio FH3 EQ settings out of the box and was surprised by how well it immediately matched the sound I tend to aim for.

With that said, I am hearing one strange sound: at what I would call 11 'o clock in my head (top of forehead being 12 and chin being 6) I can... sense... a weird, metallic shimmer effect (like, a sharp buzz) when something in the upper high-range plays eg cymbals in heavy-metal music. You have to listen for it to hear it, but once you hear it you can't un-hear it. I'm wondering if this is simply part of the sound signature of these IEMs or if my set is off.

Has anyone else heard/felt/sensed this oddity with the Timeless?

Dec 24, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #1,303 of 4,269
I just picked up a couple of new sets of IEMs, including the Timeless and they sound damn good! I used my Fiio FH3 EQ settings out of the box and was surprised by how well it immediately matched the sound I tend to aim for.

With that said, I am hearing one strange sound: at what I would call 11 'o clock in my head (top of forehead being 12 and chin being 6) I can... sense... a weird, metallic shimmer effect (like, a sharp buzz) when something in the upper high-range plays eg cymbals in heavy-metal music. You have to listen for it to hear it, but once you hear it you can't un-hear it. I'm wondering if this is simply part of the sound signature of these IEMs or if my set is off.

Has anyone else heard/felt/sensed this oddity with the Timeless?
Yes I have and it smoothed out after about 100hrs at least for me :)

Dec 24, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #1,304 of 4,269
Yes I have and it smoothed out after about 100hrs at least for me :)
Thank you, sir. I often get nervous that I bought something faulty, and used to have a chronic problem with returning products, but I try now to be less picky and give things more time to settle in. ...a much less stressful life.

Dec 25, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #1,305 of 4,269
Thank you, sir. I often get nervous that I bought something faulty, and used to have a chronic problem with returning products, but I try now to be less picky and give things more time to settle in. ...a much less stressful life.
Planars are famous for improvement over time (burn-in) 100 - 150 hours will bring the biggest settling in but they will continue improving through 300 hours. Nothing wrong with your set, all part of your courtship and journey with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back