7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 23, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #1,276 of 4,273
Which size works best for you with the CP100? I'm always worried that the tips are too short with those iems. I'm going to get these and another set of RE400 tips which included some terrific biflange tips (unfortunately I modded them so can't use them on the timeless).
I have used CP100-S, they were so small they barely sealed my ears. Because of this, I am waiting for my order of CP100-M tips. If regular medium silicon tips fit into your ears, go for them.

Dec 23, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #1,277 of 4,273
Which size works best for you with the CP100? I'm always worried that the tips are too short with those iems. I'm going to get these and another set of RE400 tips which included some terrific biflange tips (unfortunately I modded them so can't use them on the timeless).
I typically use medium for most IEMs, but I use a large for the Timeless. It's probably a safe bet you will need to go up one size from your normal tips. This is due to the shallow fit of the Timeless.

Just for fun, here's my Timeless collection.

IMG_20211223_175409344.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #1,278 of 4,273
I typically use medium for most IEMs, but I use a large for the Timeless. It's probably a safe bet you will need to go up one size from your normal tips. This is due to the shallow fit of the Timeless.

Just for fun, here's my Timeless collection.

IMG_20211223_175409344.jpg
Great idea with those hooks!

Dec 23, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #1,279 of 4,273
Great idea with those hooks!
Thanks. Just a bit of DIY with some brass rod I had laying around and the one in the center is actually just a large paper clip that I bent up. Never expected to buy as many IEMs as I did. Story of my life, lol.

Dec 23, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #1,281 of 4,273
Alrighty,

So this is a nail in the coffin for me and I just want confirmation before I get rid of it.

There's a massive spike at what appears to be 6.5k. I have two songs (really the whole album) that showcases this in an excellent way.
Ok, so I'm a bit late on the draw for this reply, but I finally got around to checking them out on my system.

First off, using Youtube for any sort of comparison isn't the greatest source. I generally only listen to FLACs or CDs directly. Secondly, on my system (Foobar2000 -> Unison USB -> Gungnir MB -> Burson Soloist 3X w/ supercharger), both tracks sound super smooth to me. With lesser Delta-Sigma DACs (especially ESS chipsets) and THX amps, I would bet that there might be some sibilance. I'm sensitive to it and in the past I have had my ears abused by "sh" and "szzzz" sounds on many tracks on other systems and even my floorstander speakers with cheap DACs and amps. But in my current desktop headphone system, both of those tracks that you linked sound great with my Timeless.

What this tells me is that it's most definitely NOT the Timeless that's causing the sibilance. But it also tells me that if you guys are hearing it, then the Timeless are NOT covering it up, either. So, if you want a true transparent system, then my opinion is that the Timeless will give you that, and will not add any spike or sibilance in this frequency range. If you are hearing sibilance, and you want to get rid of it, then either upgrade your system, or get a better source, or find another IEM or headphone that compensates for it by covering it up.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #1,282 of 4,273
Best eartips to improve comfort and sound?
The sound is already incredible with stock tips, stock cable, through 2.5mm balanced output from my Qudelix.
Just feeling a bit of discomfort after a few minutes.
For EDM, it's really 10/10. Very detailed, insane quick bass.

Dec 23, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #1,283 of 4,273
I am going to try to find a used one for sale, if I can't after a couple of weeks, I'll get them new. I am disappointed because I really wanted the Meze 99 Classics to be good, and they are, just not what I was looking for. At the very least, IEMs will eliminate the closed back ear sweat I despise so much. I'll report back here with my findings and review once I get them and test them for a bit. I have many stock tips leftover from my IEM days, too. Although, I am going to need an extension cable for them it seems -- 4 ft is not enough

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #1,284 of 4,273
Which size works best for you with the CP100? I'm always worried that the tips are too short with those iems.
I use L on SpinFit CP100 but this is really personal as to what size your ears are.

In L, SpinFit CP100 are 9.9mm long. If you feel you need longer, SpinFit CP145 are slightly longer, actually checking only 10.1 but they feel longer, more of an olive than a hemisphere shape. Longer still are the CP155 at 11mm. These work well for me on the Moondrop Variations but trying on the Timeless they don't work well at all for me. I can get a deeper insertion and more secure fit with the shorter tips. These are also wider bore (5.5 rather than 4), they do still fit on the Timeless and don't fall off but are much looser than the CP100 and other 4mm tips.

You can find the exact dimensions of any SpinFit tip by searching for it on Google Images, they have nice charts showing all dimensions.

Dec 24, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #1,285 of 4,273
Ok, so I'm a bit late on the draw for this reply, but I finally got around to checking them out on my system.

First off, using Youtube for any sort of comparison isn't the greatest source. I generally only listen to FLACs or CDs directly. Secondly, on my system (Foobar2000 -> Unison USB -> Gungnir MB -> Burson Soloist 3X w/ supercharger), both tracks sound super smooth to me. With lesser Delta-Sigma DACs (especially ESS chipsets) and THX amps, I would bet that there might be some sibilance. I'm sensitive to it and in the past I have had my ears abused by "sh" and "szzzz" sounds on many tracks on other systems and even my floorstander speakers with cheap DACs and amps. But in my current desktop headphone system, both of those tracks that you linked sound great with my Timeless.

What this tells me is that it's most definitely NOT the Timeless that's causing the sibilance. But it also tells me that if you guys are hearing it, then the Timeless are NOT covering it up, either. So, if you want a true transparent system, then my opinion is that the Timeless will give you that, and will not add any spike or sibilance in this frequency range. If you are hearing sibilance, and you want to get rid of it, then either upgrade your system, or get a better source, or find another IEM or headphone that compensates for it by covering it up.
I recorded it with a Sony MDR-EX15AP inline mic (I placed the end of eartips flat against the mic opening and gently helding it), first Etymotic ER2SE (no eq, no sharpness) second is Timeless (no eq, audible sharpness). Obviously the sound profile doesn't sound like my ears (but also isn't terribly far off at least as far as tonal balance is concerned), it's a cheap set of earphones with inline mic (it is very good for the price tho and with some EQ, excellent but it's even more sibilant than Timeless on this one track (Citizen)) but for this purpose it does the job and demonstrates what I hear.

Funny thing though. Neither is sharp when listening to the recordings on ER2SE (with or without EQ that boosts 3-10khz) but only Timeless is when using using Timeless.
In order of most to least sibilant (haven't tested FH3): EX15, Timeless, Starfield, ER2SE/HD560S (neither is sibilant).

And to clarify, I love my Timeless but I do want to get to the bottom of this.

You can do the same and prove it's not sibilant on your setup. I also listened to some pink noise and I also hear a spike at about 7k.

Timeless: https://mega.nz/file/pF9WjQhZ#39oD2PnFYYVZ2TzLG1s3GSFC6jPUB8wKsdHHtYWDUvE
ER2SE: https://mega.nz/file/FMkmHKiD#U1-kjupYd_jZpFYXb3c94JTvXTL4DMTxxGEeHvUjUuI

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #1,286 of 4,273
Also here is an excellent EQ from Oratory1990, I only added the last filter to tame sibilance when it appears (which is rare so the filter is optional).

Attachments

• IMG_20211224_134820.jpg
    IMG_20211224_134820.jpg
    656.2 KB · Views: 0
Dec 24, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #1,287 of 4,273
Dec 24, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #1,288 of 4,273
FWIW, Crinacle's measurements actually show about a 1-2 dB DIP at 6.5kHz compared to Harman.

https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/7hz-timeless/
Yeah, but his measurement rig isn't necessarily what you will hear. It seems to be very accurate for the most part but apparently it can't account for everything. His shows a dip and a massive spike at 8k my ears are fine with 8k but say 6600-7500 (or 7k for short) is quite loud and a dip helps.

But as I said, I'm pretty sure I only have one album that sounds overly sibilant and who knows where else others are sensitive.

Dec 24, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #1,289 of 4,273
Can anyone compare these to the Moondrop Kato? Been reading about those and not sure which to get now -- want something with amazing vocals and good bass (I listen to vocal EDM).

Dec 24, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #1,290 of 4,273
Vocal EDM - Thieaudio Oracle. Best I've ever heard. Timeless is very good but Oracle is ridiculous. Haven't heard Kato.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back