7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 21, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #1,231 of 4,275
I received the rhyme today and to be honest I didn’t notice much of a difference between the stock cable. I am a cable believer but this one didn’t sound any different to me. I have an 8 core Graphene on the way from Xinhs, If it proves to be the same I’ll stick with the stock cable.
I'm surprised, and a bit disappointed. The primary difference to me is in the soundstage and ambience, and the absolute resolution. The presentation with the Rhyme is just so "delicate" that you can hear sounds coming seemingly from nowhere and disappearing back into nowhere. Maybe it's the music genre, or the recordings themselves, or the volume at which you listen. I guess there could be a bunch of reasons why. I hope I haven't led you astray with my recommendation; to me the difference is very clear. Maybe try listening to the presentation rather than the music or listening for raw detail. It's more an improvement in resolution rather than detail, if that makes sense. The music is less heavy-handed and more refined, smooth, and extended.

At 20 bucks,, probably no harm done, but as I said I'm still a bit disappointed. I guess that's what makes audio so personal and why there seems to be so much confusion about cables/tips/IEMs themselves. Maybe give it a bit more time. I wasn't super impressed by the Rhyme initially, but after a few hours I realized just how much smoother and effortless the music was being presented to me. The improvements in decay and sense of space are obvious.

Dec 21, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #1,232 of 4,275
I have not used the stock cable yet LOL I will try it when I am back home later.

Few days back I thought the mid range is a bit distance, but when I A/B-ed with EST50 last night, my perception is changed. I think it is better how it presents all ranges as it is because it sounds more natural.

Dec 21, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #1,233 of 4,275
I received the rhyme today and to be honest I didn’t notice much of a difference between the stock cable. I am a cable believer but this one didn’t sound any different to me. I have an 8 core Graphene on the way from Xinhs, If it proves to be the same I’ll stick with the stock cable.
I'm loving the 8 Pure Silver on mine, with the right tips, bass stays tight but there's quite a lot of air up top with the silver cable.

Dec 21, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #1,234 of 4,275
I'm loving the 8 Pure Silver on mine, with the right tips, bass stays tight but there's quite a lot of air up top with the silver cable.
Which silver cable, can you link it?

Dec 21, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #1,235 of 4,275
Perhaps you want to try the 8 Strand Pure silver wire + gold-plated copper from Xinhs. I like it more than Rhyme.
To my ears, it provides good quality bass and more extended treble.
Both have a very good synergy with Timeless though.

Cheers
Thanks. I found it on their site. What would you say are the improvements compared to Rhyme?

Dec 21, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #1,236 of 4,275
Which silver cable, can you link it?
You bet. I got this one from Nice HCK. I've got 2 of them actually 1 x 2 pin on my Fusion and it completely transformed them and the other MMCX on the timeless. Really love this cable. US $39.99 45%OFF | NiceHCK LitzPS-Pro 8 Core 4N Litz Pure Silver Earphone Cable 3.5mm/2.5mm/4.4mm MMCX/NX7/QDC/0.78 2Pin for CIEM MK3 ST-10s LZ A7
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOaWxmG

Dec 21, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #1,237 of 4,275
You bet. I got this one from Nice HCK. I've got 2 of them actually 1 x 2 pin on my Fusion and it completely transformed them and the other MMCX on the timeless. Really love this cable. US $39.99 45%OFF | NiceHCK LitzPS-Pro 8 Core 4N Litz Pure Silver Earphone Cable 3.5mm/2.5mm/4.4mm MMCX/NX7/QDC/0.78 2Pin for CIEM MK3 ST-10s LZ A7
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOaWxmG
Thank you very much. :)

Dec 21, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #1,238 of 4,275
Dec 21, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #1,240 of 4,275
Are you speaking of there flagship cable? Pure silver 5n litz with 24k gold?
No, that one is wayyyy too expensive for me.

I am referring to this one, "8 Strand Pure silver wire + gold-plated copper wire mixed". You should be able to find it in their catalogue list.

Cheers

Dec 21, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #1,241 of 4,275
Anyone still looking for the Timeless, they are on sale again on the DUDO audio store on Ali for $174
This is where I got mine and had them in hand in Canada in 3 weeks US $169.99 49%OFF | Spot goods 7HZ Timeless Flat Earphone In Ear Wired Earphones Subwoofer MMCX Metal High Resolution HiFi Music Headphoens 7HZ
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNbR0gM

Dec 21, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #1,242 of 4,275
Anyone still looking for the Timeless, they are on sale again on the DUDO audio store on Ali for $174
This is where I got mine and had them in hand in Canada in 3 weeks US $169.99 49%OFF | Spot goods 7HZ Timeless Flat Earphone In Ear Wired Earphones Subwoofer MMCX Metal High Resolution HiFi Music Headphoens 7HZ
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNbR0gM
Wow! Great price!

Dec 22, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #1,243 of 4,275
So, I'd like you guys to listen to these two, (the part that is iffy in 'Citizen' is at 0:45 and 0:51 very pronounced sharp "sh" sound and hear how many of you have this so I know if it's on all units.
For me, I don't get anything objectionably sibilant at that point. You're referring to "shift" 0:45 and "slip" 0:51? Shift I get nothing objectionable, slip maybe a very slight harsh emphasis, but it's very slight, not to the point it's a problem. It sounds slightly more present on some other things I have like the Hifiman Edition XS and TFZ No 3, both of which I think can have harshness in the treble. Still not to the point it's problematic with these on this track though. Bear in mind though this is very person-dependent, that I or someone else doesn't hear a problem doesn't mean it's not there for you.

A 6.5kHz peak isn't seen in any of the measurements. A prominent ~8kHz peak is in many. I wonder though if this is your personal ear canal resonance, Crinacle and some other reviewers aim for an insertion depth that gives this 8kHz peak, some peak is expected there, but it's quite big on the Timeless. Another IEM with a similar level peak at 8kHz is the Galaxy Buds2, and I can hear it, but I also know it doesn't bother me. This is personal. The Timeless do sound "bright" to me in the treble, it's definitely prominent and sparkly but whatever about it I don't find it in any way harsh. I feel the same way about the Hifiman Ananda, it also has very present treble but in a way that I don't find remotely fatiguing.

Tips and insertion depth could possibly move this around a bit.

https://squig.link/?share=Crinacle_Neutral_Target,7Hz_Timeless,Etymotic_ER2SE
https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/graphtool/?share=IEF_Neutral_Target,ER2SE,Timeless
https://iems.audiodiscourse.com/?share=In-Ear_Fidelity_Target,Timeless,ER2SE

In my experience with this sort of sibilance, you're more likely to get it at higher volumes, do you listen very loud? Do you still get it if you turn the volume down?

Dec 22, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #1,244 of 4,275
Dec 22, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #1,245 of 4,275

Users who are viewing this thread

Back