7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Nov 20, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #736 of 4,269
Just checked and it's noticeable at even low volumes. At first I thought it was being triggered by bass, but it's actually fairly high frequency with white noise characteristics and is audible even during quiet parts of songs.

I've contacted Drop support to see if I can exchange these. Might just be a problem with the right earpiece.
Without music playing does the problem persist? If so try different tips, it could be a fitting issue?

PS: and try a different phone/source. Could be noise from the source or cable jack?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #737 of 4,269
Without music playing does the problem persist? If so try different tips, it could be a fitting issue?

PS: and try a different phone/source. Could be noise from the source or cable jack?
No, the noise only occurs when music is playing. I tested another set of IEMs thru the rig (moondrop variations) and didn't hear the buzzing. I can try them thru my phone and DAP.

Nov 20, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #738 of 4,269
No, the noise only occurs when music is playing. I tested another set of IEMs thru the rig (moondrop variations) and didn't hear the buzzing. I can try them thru my phone and DAP.
I don't think it's related to tips. Try different source. If there's this hiss level, it's the noise from the device that usually happens with the sensitive IEMs.

Nov 20, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #740 of 4,269
Let us know how you get on with the incoming Litz cable. The music is so engaging with my 4n copper Litz!
What kind of cable do you have (brand, braid?). Yes, I surely will report my impressions after a some hours of listening. It will be in a few weeks, though.

How do your cable improve the sound vs. the stock one?

Nov 20, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #741 of 4,269
The wide soundstage impression and the bass just done right are remarkable on this electronic track from Sebastian Mullaert. Powerful listening experience.

Nov 20, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #742 of 4,269
I couldn't find the store you mentioned @F700 on AE. I see several others on AE, most of which ship with standard AE post which takes 64,000 years to arrive! Although a couple do mention DHL.

Anyone bought from HifiGo? I've never bought from them before. I have bought from Shenzen Audio (Dunu Zen), they are showing a 7 day wait, which is fine I guess.

Nov 20, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #743 of 4,269
I couldn't find the store you mentioned @F700 on AE. I see several others on AE, most of which ship with standard AE post which takes 64,000 years to arrive! Although a couple do mention DHL.

Anyone bought from HifiGo? I've never bought from them before. I have bought from Shenzen Audio (Dunu Zen), they are showing a 7 day wait, which is fine I guess.
Let’s take it via what’s app.

Nov 20, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #744 of 4,269

HiFiGo is a good shop, have no worries.

Nov 20, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #746 of 4,269
What kind of cable do you have (brand, braid?). Yes, I surely will report my impressions after a some hours of listening. It will be in a few weeks, though.

How do your cable improve the sound vs. the stock one?
I've moved to a pure silver cable with wide bore Tennmak Whirlwinds (similar to Azla Sedna Short) and that's where I'm staying. That cable really opens up the upper end without sacrificing the bass response or diluting the mids. Once my brain adjusted to coming off the stock cable I'm not going back. These things continue to impress me. Nice width, good staging and perfect airiness in this set up - for me.

Nov 20, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #747 of 4,269
Nov 20, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #748 of 4,269
I've moved to a pure silver cable with wide bore Tennmak Whirlwinds (similar to Azla Sedna Short) and that's where I'm staying. That cable really opens up the upper end without sacrificing the bass response or diluting the mids. Once my brain adjusted to coming off the stock cable I'm not going back. These things continue to impress me. Nice width, good staging and perfect airiness in this set up - for me.
Alright. But what silver cable?

Nov 20, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #749 of 4,269
I don't think it's related to tips. Try different source. If there's this hiss level, it's the noise from the device that usually happens with the sensitive IEMs.

You are right - the noise occurs only using the Asgard. I'm using a 1/4-to-1/8 plug between the IEM and the Asgard. I can't tell if that is the issue, or if it's the Asgard's jack, but it's certainly not the 7hz, thank god.

Nov 20, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #750 of 4,269
Alright. But what silver cable?
Here you go KBEAR 4N Silver Litz 8 Core US $39.99 45%OFF | NiceHCK LitzPS-Pro 8 Core 4N Litz Pure Silver Earphone Cable 3.5mm/2.5mm/4.4mm MMCX/NX7/QDC/0.78 2Pin for CIEM MK3 ST-10s LZ A7
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mruNOFU

I've also got a 4 core version from XINHS but it got a little stiff over the last 12 months. Sounds good but not as pliable as this 8 Core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back