7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 18, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #334 of 4,269
I was interested in upgrade to 7hz from my Aria but after seen this QC problem with a lot of channel imbalance I've decided to not invest any money on it and wait for a revision or a new model from Timeless that for sure will be released in a not so far future. This type of problem in 200 USD product is not acceptable to me. Hope they launch a improoved product soon.

Oct 18, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #335 of 4,269
@redrol has a very interesting video about soundstage, with a relevant mention of the 7hz timeless. In short, QC issues might explain why some 7hz timeless have excellent soundstage, some have a brick wall instead, and some (like Crin's) just have channel imbalance... a bit of an echo of the discussion going on at HifiGuides.

I will pass on the timeless for now, until bad QC reports slow down, or shipping times improve, so I can return a defective pair without too much hassle.

Oct 18, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #336 of 4,269
@redrol has a very interesting video about soundstage, with a relevant mention of the 7hz timeless. In short, QC issues might explain why some 7hz timeless have excellent soundstage, some have a brick wall instead, and some (like Crin's) just have channel imbalance... a bit of an echo of the discussion going on at HifiGuides.

I will pass on the timeless for now, until bad QC reports slow down, or shipping times improve, so I can return a defective pair without too much hassle.

thanks for checking out my video!

Someone posted a comment that owns the Timeless. They said that they have an imbalance which is obvious and after eq'ing the louder side with a 10k notch, the sound stage became much more 3D. How about that?! Super interesting.

Oct 18, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #337 of 4,269
thanks for checking out my video!

Someone posted a comment that owns the Timeless. They said that they have an imbalance which is obvious and after eq'ing the louder side with a 10k notch, the sound stage became much more 3D. How about that?! Super interesting.
Felt so lucky I've gotten perfect set ☺️

Oct 18, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #338 of 4,269
Oct 18, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #339 of 4,269
I guess I've cheap luck. Bought over 10 chifi and cheaper ones from KZ/CLA to Goldplanar to 7hz and IMR, none gave me issue at all and lasted long time. However drivers and connectors issues within a few days for Empyrean, UM Mest 1 and Shure KSE1200 🙄🤷🏻‍♂️

Oct 19, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #340 of 4,269
I liked the Timeless so much I have bought another set, before my return even gets shipped out! Hope the next one doesn't have the channel imbalance problem.

Oct 19, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #341 of 4,269
I got lucky on the Timeless too -- I can't hear any real channel imbalance, and when I do it's always a fit/tip issue and re-inserting them a couple times fixes it. I hear a nicely wide soundstage, though not with the striking amount of empty space between instruments I can hear on the SE846.

Also, on studio mixed tracks, Timeless sounds more like it's right in front of me, with each instrument coming from an area of space. That's not to say three blob imaging, it's not three blob, it's just not completely pinpoint accurate. SE846 sounds like point sound sources on a straight line going through my head and stretching out some ways on either side, which I suppose is more accurate considering that's what a studio mix is. Timeless strikes me as more natural and a bit more forgiving in this regard.

Oct 19, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #342 of 4,269
I've been thinking these Timeless are pleasant TOTL sound for a fraction of the price, no QC issues for me so far, was well worth it sticking with the purchase.

Oct 19, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #344 of 4,269
Stupid thinking. Be able to buy a 200 USD set of IEM does not make you better than anyone so why let that disgusting idea slip of your mind as if people who are concerned about the reliability of spoken set doesn't have money to buy it? You just sound arrogant. So be it, congratulations to you sir for being able to buy a 200 USD set of IEM made in china. I am jealous.
Ugh, triggered much? What is stupid is baseless bad mouthing 7Hz. Just buy the damn thing if you want it or don't.
Yeah, this is my most expensive piece of chi-fi, I admit that. My other IEM is Japanese, made by Sony, the chunky IER-Z1R. You might have heard of it, perhaps? Glad to see the Timeless is giving it a good run for the money. Its tone and presentation reminds me of Oppo PM-3 for some reason and that's a good thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back