7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 14, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #316 of 4,270
I personally felt the bass is far better in terms of quantity and quality than the MEST 1. It's very very satisfying.. wish there is more top end sparkle though but that will sound abit unnatural.
With your 5K you could add a little judicious loving EQ to the top ...unless you're finding that would be "over the top", or the top end is already perfect as is?

Oct 14, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #317 of 4,270
With your 5K you could add a little judicious loving EQ to the top ...unless you're finding that would be "over the top", or the top end is already perfect as is?
In the Zen DAC I leave it flat as its quite a coloured DAC. For 5k I added quite abit on the top end however after burn in I don't also use it as flat now.

Oct 14, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #318 of 4,270
In the Zen DAC I leave it flat as its quite a coloured DAC. For 5k I added quite abit on the top end however after burn in I don't also use it as flat now.
How do you like it with the Zen Dac's bass boost?

Oct 14, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #319 of 4,270
Anyone who has timeless and IE900 or Fiio FD7, appreciate if you can compare them.

Thanks

Oct 15, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #320 of 4,270
How do you like it with the Zen Dac's bass boost?
Zen Dac V2 bass boost is abit terrible, too bloated but the Zen Can Xbass and 3D is amazing! Anyway the Timeless bass has enough quantity wouldn't really need them. I love bass and lots of it but not bloated type .

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 5:09 AM Post #321 of 4,270
Zen Dac V2 bass boost is abit terrible, too bloated but the Zen Can Xbass and 3D is amazing! Anyway the Timeless bass has enough quantity wouldn't really need them. I love bass and lots of it but not bloated type .
Sounds good! Been eyeing this for a few days now, just waiting for bigger vouchers before pulling the trigger. Thanks for the feedback!

Oct 15, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #322 of 4,270
They become absolutely (ridiculously for the money) amazing with some top end tweaking with the Qudelix-5k IME. However how sibilant the top end might sound to others with my settings I find they open up substantially and get a lot of clarity. It's hard for me to listen to them not being EQ'ed now as they sound more congested and 'canned in'. I would love to hear some EQ settings from others - that actually know what they are doing - as I just stumbled upon a setting and have no clue to properly tune them - I just noticed they opened up and got much clearer sounding to my ears.

Oct 15, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #323 of 4,270
They become absolutely (ridiculously for the money) amazing with some top end tweaking with the Qudelix-5k IME. However how sibilant the top end might sound to others with my settings I find they open up substantially and get a lot of clarity. It's hard for me to listen to them not being EQ'ed now as they sound more congested and 'canned in'. I would love to hear some EQ settings from others - that actually know what they are doing - as I just stumbled upon a setting and have no clue to properly tune them - I just noticed they opened up and got much clearer sounding to my ears.
I could share my PEQ settings but my Timeless has only 20 hrs run in and they're still changing (for the better) from day to day with further run in. Thus my PEQ settings are in flux. Others with more hours might want to chip in.

Oct 15, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #324 of 4,270
Was using this settings, right now has turn off the EQ as the sparkle came forth after burn in and the harsh 2k has smoothen out.
Screenshot_20211015_192539_com.qudelix.qudelix.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #325 of 4,270
Was using this settings, right now has turn off the EQ as the sparkle came forth after burn in and the harsh 2k has smoothen out.
Screenshot_20211015_192539_com.qudelix.qudelix.jpg
Wow... This EQ... Is the Timeless as warm/dark as this EQ seems to show?

Oct 15, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #326 of 4,270
Wow... This EQ... Is the Timeless as warm/dark as this EQ seems to show?
Haha no. thats because I have older ears, also I really like the 12k and above frequencies. I dont use this anymore after about 30 hours burn in. its too bright now if i use this EQ settings

Oct 16, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #327 of 4,270
I am really intrigued by this Timeless.
I got a good deal from an aliexpress seller, but I wonder if it will be worth it having what I already have (Mest, Clairvoyance, Isabellae) ...

Oct 16, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #328 of 4,270
I am really intrigued by this Timeless.
I got a good deal from an aliexpress seller, but I wonder if it will be worth it having what I already have (Mest, Clairvoyance, Isabellae) ...

Well, if you want to check out a nice full range planar without breaking the bank, this is it IMO. I've got mine since a couple of days and the least I can say for now is that it's not one of those purchases I regret having made.

Oct 16, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #329 of 4,270
I agree it's a bargain for a well tuned planar out of the box. And if you like fine tuning with EQ you'd get it spot on to your taste I'm sure.

I'm off ChiFi now but if I were to buy the Timeless again, I'd be urged to buy 5 or more sets and a testing rig to get the best matched drivers then return the other 4 sets (matched of course).

I've seen a few graphs now (of other chifi) where channel matching is terrible! It may not be something you'd notice right away but once fixed it'll make a big difference.

Oct 16, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #330 of 4,270
I agree it's a bargain for a well tuned planar out of the box. And if you like fine tuning with EQ you'd get it spot on to your taste I'm sure.

I'm off ChiFi now but if I were to buy the Timeless again, I'd be urged to buy 5 or more sets and a testing rig to get the best matched drivers then return the other 4 sets (matched of course).

I've seen a few graphs now (of other chifi) where channel matching is terrible! It may not be something you'd notice right away but once fixed it'll make a big difference.
:sweat_smile:
I am afraid that this can only be done by people who currently live in China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back