7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Aug 30, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #92 of 4,269
Sep 14, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #93 of 4,269
OK, here’s another song suggestion for the i99 ... sounds unbelievable!

“Somewhere Down That Crazy River”
1600141494305.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #94 of 4,269
Anybody heard the i88 ? Any impressions please ,

I would think there must be some who bought the i88 and can comment on how it sounds ... ✌️

Oct 24, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #95 of 4,269
Understand your position, but get the extra time on them before you decide to sell it. For me, this is a genre specific IEM that nothing in my collection can reproduce, so they are a keeper. Plus, I really like the build although I’ll likely experiment with better cables in the future.

Some of the under $150 Chi-Fi models hitting the market are putting a lot of pressure on the mid tier priced models, for sure.
So back in July I made my sort of initial comments of these. In the months since, I've been comparing lots of sets to these and listening to them more and more.

This might be the slowest a pair has grown on me.... But I can now definitely say it's a staple in my collection. Well see how it makes in the next round of basshead acquisitions...

I now totally understand and agree with BGGAR actually in a narrow sense. This is the Legend X tuning but better implemented with the single, plated Beryllium driver.

The timbre is simply more natural and pleasant (when all the pluses and minuses are taken into account) on this driver than the combined on the hybrid drivers in the legend X. While the tuning is the same it sounds so different as to almost be apples and oranges (staging, separation, imaging, timbre especially). Strange.... the legend X certainly had the harder hitting, slamtastic, faster bass, but these are basshead in their own right in the sense of depth and rumble. They really get into that lowest octave better than anything else I have heard including the LX.

Odd sounding set, not for everyone but I've grown very fond of them giving their uniqueness.

I basically carry 3 IEMs with me now. The i99, TRI I3 and whatever I feel like comparing those to or have recently acquired. Totally different from how I listened when I was in my office, but it really has made me realize what my favorite sets are, and one thing I really can say is that there isn't that much of a correlation between the price of sets and where I rank them....

I'm not sure how much these cost to make, but if the price could be lowered to $200-250 I think these could be a legit giant killer. At the price they're at, I'm not sure they got enough reviewers to hear them and not many takers at the price given the competition in Beryllium drivers. I own several of the cheaper Beryllium drivers but these do really sound different from the rest of them with their own unique timbre and are a step up from the urbanfun or other sub-150 berryliums. I wonder if the Thor mjolnir will sound more like those or the i99. I guess I should know soon since the drop is supposed to ship November 2....

Nov 17, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #96 of 4,269
The i99 is very very good IMO, I have my pair since August and I have bought the rest of the line-up on 11-11 so I should get the i88, i77 and i77 Pro in the coming weeks, we'll see how these go. :)

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #97 of 4,269
The i99 is very very good IMO, I have my pair since August and I have bought the rest of the line-up on 11-11 so I should get the i88, i77 and i77 Pro in the coming weeks, we'll see how these go. :)

I’ll be watching for your comments on the other models ...

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #99 of 4,269
Hi,
Is the I99 still a good buy in 2021??? or what other basshead set should I consider???

May 29, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #100 of 4,269
Hi,
Is the I99 still a good buy in 2021??? or what other basshead set should I consider???
get it, besides being a great basshead headphone, it goes way beyond its price range. it blows away a ton of headphones around.

after hearing em, i went and hit the buy now button on the i88 mini, i88 seems a bit "balanced" for my tasting, im an open bass head

May 29, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #101 of 4,269
well i got them and didn't like them... sold them

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #103 of 4,269
Aug 28, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #104 of 4,269
Anyone receive the 7Hz Timeless planar iem yet? Any second opinions?

Aug 28, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #105 of 4,269

Users who are viewing this thread

Back