7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Apr 16, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #2,566 of 4,273
Timeless is in the house! I have been listening with them for the past 2 hours hooked up to my RU6, and now I definitely get why they are so hyped up. :ksc75smile: I have my favorite playlist on shuffle and no matter the song or genre it sounds incredible! Percussion sounds with these are really something special. . .

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #2,567 of 4,273
Timeless is in the house! I have been listening with them for the past 2 hours hooked up to my RU6, and now I definitely get why they are so hyped up. :ksc75smile: I have my favorite playlist on shuffle and no matter the song or genre it sounds incredible! Percussion sounds with these are really something special. . .
The Timeless paired with RU6 NOS mode is just Gold!

Apr 17, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #2,568 of 4,273
Question:
On my right pair I'm hearing sometimes weird sounds. It happens very randomly and I can't reproduce it on purpose.
Its hard to describe but it kind of sounds like a digital fart.
Not really a pop, but kind of like when your ears were clogged with water from being in a pool, and after some time out of the pool it just releases, that sound, but more digital. Not sure if this is a defect or not but I don't like it. Did anyone else experience this? Should I have them replaced? Not even sure if I can do that since I purchased them from Ali and the 15d past confirmation passed
I had exactly the same issue today after months of usage.

It's not driver flex. Driver flex can be understood by pushing it back and forth into ear canal while music is not playing.

The issue happens while playing when I don't move my head at all. Seemed to me like driver crackling like it's going to explode. This usually happens with low budget chi-fi iems that if you give more power the driver starts suffering and ofc it can damage the driver permanently.

However, what's going on with Timeless i believe that in time the pressure builds up while playing. Because if you give a rest and start playing with the same volume, the issue goes away. Probably the planar membrane suffers due to lacking air and that creates the cracking sound. I see some users recommended to use foam tips and yes that solves the issue.

I have other iems that has no ventilation so with them I use foam tips so that's understandable. But timeless do have a ventilation hole. So I wonder if it happens to due to using a tip that makes you insert it into your ear canal fully and somehow the ventilation hole for the driver is touching the skin leading it to suffer exchanging air in and out.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #2,569 of 4,273
So I wonder if it happens to due to using a tip that makes you insert it into your ear canal fully and somehow the ventilation hole for the driver is touching the skin leading it to suffer exchanging air in and out.
Most likely. There is one hole that's in close proximity to the skin. I remember I tested my Timeless with a manual sweep I generated in my Max MSP patch. When I explored the sub area around 5-13 Hz, the driver pumped the air in and out with a characteristic whistle apart from the actual bass rumble which means that the vent is used quite extensively. You might want to check if the vent keeps blocking with some oils or dirt as well.

Apr 17, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #2,571 of 4,273
Apr 17, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #2,572 of 4,273
Apr 17, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #2,574 of 4,273
Congrats, mate, and welcome! You phone will be powerful enough. I use it with my Galaxy phone about 90% of the time when I walk outside. On my dongle (Colorfly CDA M1) I can't raise the volume past 20% because it's extremely loud. When I connect to the balanced output of this dongle, the useful volume range is much smaller, about 7-8 steps. So I have to set this 8th step as a maximum and use software volume with fine grain braking these 8 steps into 100.

Of course, being a very resolving and technical planar, Timeless will show you exactly the resolution of your source chain very precisely. But your phone will still be enough in terms of power. Really.

I don't think many people will use Timeless with stationary amps like Singxer SA-1 but I do sometimes. The SA-1 has got a very wide useful volume range for such sensitive IEMs due to its exponential knob.

Share your choice of eartips as well! I'm curious how many people choose white and pink stems (wide long bore).

If highs are piercing, pull down the 13-15 KHz shelf -4 dB in your EQ. Timeless has a very pronounced peak at 13 kHz and higher which can be piercing like needles on some badly mastered tracks.

If possible, ditch the stock cable and replace it with a pure silver one and you might be very surprised with increased layering and 3D-spaciousness of your music. Not sure if it will work for you, maybe not :wink:. But it worked for me so much that I'm never going back to the stock cable.
He is actually not using a phone with these. It is in fact one of the industry leading DAPs; iBasso DX300 with modified Amp12 card (to EXN). While it puts out a tremendous amount of wattage, for the Timeless, the amperages that it is capable of is the more important figure to drive ortho DDs, which is somewhere over 2 amps. And as mentioned, it is not the volume that is being defined by the ability to drive these, but actually properly exciting the driver itself. And for that all ortho dynamic drivers scale better with more amperage. Phones can drive them to be plenty loud, but they are not capable of putting out the kind of amperage that a desktop solution (or TOTL portable solution) can.

If you use a SPC or SPC hybrid, or pure copper cable, you would not need any EQ as those cables would help with any treble "piercing" issues.

I have went back and forth with many of my "end game" tips with these, and have finally (and actually) landed on the stock white (foam shaped) tips, for a compromise of comfort, seal, and overall sound. There are a few that sound a bit better, but don't seal as well, or some that get uncomfortable after a time. These seem to fit all three. Who'd a' thunk'?
Yeah will try for sure. I have some good cables around. But for now, even as stock it sounds AMAZING. And i think i was right about the power and a source quality. Im listening to them from the dx312EXN on high gain and it sounds even better than on low or mid gain. I could also pick the differences in quality between stock amp11.2 for the dx300 and a modded amp12EXN, which sounds significantly better. Its more dynamic, has more power, its cleaner sounding and gives them better holography.
I tole' ya' over on the DX300 thread that these were good! :) Welcome to the club!

On the other hand, don't go selling off your IT07 just yet?! After you have had them a while, and then go back and forth, there IS a noticeable difference in the sound. Now, for me, that difference is the IT07 being better in almost every way. For you it might not be so, but I would advise waiting for just a bit before making up your mind about that (with all due repsect)... :)

Apr 17, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #2,575 of 4,273
The internals look the same. I guess it’s tuning differences. I guess even the S12 is probably the same.

Someone comes up with the tech and licenses it out?
LETSHUOER commented when asked that very question about the S12 drivers, that they are totally different drivers. They are just the same size. I wish I could find that comment again. You might try and search on Head-Fi, but not sure if it was here that I found it or somewhere like FB comments.

As for the P1 Max, I think they are simply trying to reproduce the mega-success they had with the P1 (which they will probably never do). That being said, I will be keeping my eye on it closely, because the P1 is STILL up there in the top 5 of my BEST IEMs.

Edit: As for licenses, you are actually closer than you think about your statement. In the Shenzhen region of China (especially) it is ok to use other tech, as long as you improve upon it or change it. This is the REALLY short of it, and there is way more to it, but that is the general gist of it. They don't have the same sort of intellectual property laws they do in other countries.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #2,576 of 4,273
He is actually not using a phone with these. It is in fact one of the industry leading DAPs; iBasso DX300 with modified Amp12 card (to EXN). While it puts out a tremendous amount of wattage, for the Timeless, the amperages that it is capable of is the more important figure to drive ortho DDs, which is somewhere over 2 amps. And as mentioned, it is not the volume that is being defined by the ability to drive these, but actually properly exciting the driver itself. And for that all ortho dynamic drivers scale better with more amperage. Phones can drive them to be plenty loud, but they are not capable of putting out the kind of amperage that a desktop solution (or TOTL portable solution) can.

If you use a SPC or SPC hybrid, or pure copper cable, you would not need any EQ as those cables would help with any treble "piercing" issues.

I have went back and forth with many of my "end game" tips with these, and have finally (and actually) landed on the stock white (foam shaped) tips, for a compromise of comfort, seal, and overall sound. There are a few that sound a bit better, but don't seal as well, or some that get uncomfortable after a time. These seem to fit all three. Who'd a' thunk'?

I tole' ya' over on the DX300 thread that these were good! :) Welcome to the club!

On the other hand, don't go selling off your IT07 just yet?! After you have had them a while, and then go back and forth, there IS a noticeable difference in the sound. Now, for me, that difference is the IT07 being better in almost every way. For you it might not be so, but I would advise waiting for just a bit before making up your mind about that (with all due repsect)... :)
Sure, i wont sell my it07 as they have a more complex and sophisticated sound. Everything is better on the it07 but for me the technical differences are overshadowed by the speed, scale of the sound, timbre, dynamics and reverbs of the Timeless. I can hear and i know that the it07 are better technically but they are in a box:) Thats how the Timeless entertains me:) I ditched the stock cable for the CB16 from iBasso too. I use the stock large green tips but i like white ones too.

Apr 17, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #2,577 of 4,273
Sure, i wont sell my it07 as they have a more complex and sophisticated sound. Everything is better on the it07 but for me the technical differences are overshadowed by the speed, scale of the sound, timbre, dynamics and reverbs of the Timeless. I can hear and i know that the it07 are better technically but they are in a box:) Thats how the Timeless entertains me:) I ditched the stock cable for the CB16 from iBasso too. I use the stock large green tips but i like white ones too.
Yeah, a cable upgrade changes things a whole lot on these. I am actually using the Stock IT07 pure silver cable on mine to great effect. :)

I won't fib to ya' and say that these were "SUPER FANTASTIC" for me OOTB, but after some wonderful EQing from @visor HERE they are superb (sub-bass is now on par with mid-bass or more linear if you will, which was fatiguing for me after a time, and mids are more in-line with the rest of the frequency, and highs are cleaned up too). That is not to detract from how wonderful these really are. They just aren't tuned to my total liking OOTB. The fact that they can be changed with some EQ and still sound great speaks to how good of a driver that is in these IMO.

Apr 17, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #2,578 of 4,273
Yeah, a cable upgrade changes things a whole lot on these. I am actually using the Stock IT07 pure silver cable on mine to great effect. :)

I won't fib to ya' and say that these were "SUPER FANTASTIC" for me OOTB, but after some wonderful EQing from @visor HERE they are superb (sub-bass is now on par with mid-bass or more linear if you will, which was fatiguing for me after a time, and mids are more in-line with the rest of the frequency, and highs are cleaned up too). That is not to detract from how wonderful these really are. They just aren't tuned to my total liking OOTB. The fact that they can be changed with some EQ and still sound great speaks to how good of a driver that is in these IMO.
Great advice thanx! Honestly, i dont feel an urge to eq them, i like their sheer energy. When it comes to the silver cable from it07, i found that it sounds very similar to the cb16 with Timeless. Cb16 gives them maybe slightly bigger bass.

Apr 17, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #2,579 of 4,273
Great advice thanx! Honestly, i dont feel an urge to eq them, i like their sheer energy. When it comes to the silver cable from it07, i found that it sounds very similar to the cb16 with Timeless. Cb16 gives them maybe slightly bigger bass.
Maybe not an urge but give it a try nonetheless?! IMHO it doesn't take any energy away, but actually improves on what is already there. If not, that's cool too, just offering my $.02..... :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back