75ohm resistors in ksc75?
Mar 16, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by zombieDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using one of the 75ohm adapters that TURBO makes & sells on these pages w/a pair of KSC75's right now as I type. It sounds sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Far better with my KSC35
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about using an ER4 IEM adapter, like one of these:
dsc1441ji2.jpg

Would that have the same effect or am I barking up the wrong tree?

BTW who make this adapters??? They're neat and clean, I want one!!!

Mar 28, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #21 of 28
I've been itching to do some kind of mod with them lately. I too am interested in seeing photos how people have added them to the cable. Also, does wattage matter when picking out resistors? I assume you'd want the smallest when doing this mod?

Mar 30, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #22 of 28
I believe watts only matter if you are using a lot of power. For most headphones, heat dissipation should not be an issue. Also, you should also worry about tolerances or you may be frustrated with channel imbalance.

Someone else tried to build an impedance adapter with an additional voltage divider - one resistor in parallel with the driver and the other in series with both the resistor and driver. I have no clue how that changes things.

Jul 20, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #23 of 28
I did the resister mod on my KSC35s today. Before hard wiring it into the headphone body I wired it up with a male-male 1/8" extension cord through my breadboard. I wanted to be able to really hear the difference back and forth before I got out the soldering iron. And since I told the end of the story first, you know I went ahead with the mod
smily_headphones1.gif
The output level with the mod was a bit lower, and the bass was fuller. To me, the mids were a little less prominent than before which is okay. I'll have to put some more hours on them before I really decide, but i'm really happy with the cheap upgrade at the moment. I'm driving them with my iPod Mini 2g/rockbox... Now to decide if I want to do it to my KSC75s too
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #24 of 28
does it only tighten up the bass? What bout the highs, what do they do with the highs?

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #26 of 28
So 75-ohm in series on the negative? Or 75-ohm in series on the positive? Or Parallel across the + and -?? Which of these actually improves the sound (or improves it the most)?

Is one type of resistor better than another?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back