701/2 Good, detailed, harsh review from a head fi member with tons of experience
Mar 20, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #136 of 137
Am now using ITunes > Asus Xonar STX soundcard > StageDac > Naim Headphone amp > AKG701 .... really not bad.
L3000.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #137 of 137
Nice exchange of ideas going hear guys, but we are talking about the AKG 7 series so expectations of agreement should be checked at the door or at least at the log in page. The 701/702 camp is kind of like the Borg collective, resistance is futile! Capacitance, now that’s a different story! I digress, sorry.

I do have to agree with sokolov91 that KBI’s reply to his listening perceptions came across a little “one step beyond”; I laughed out loud when I read it! But apparently he was being sincere (or maybe his sincerity was sarcasm?). So yes, it is hard to win on here, because if you state an opinion there will always be those who disagree and seek to prove you wrong. It’s not about winning, but about the experience, and it’s nothing personal I would like to think.

I would like to know what tracks you are listening to with the K7’s that sound hollow/plasticky so that I can hear for myself. I do not believe you are blowing smoke out of any orifice of your body, but a more in character reply would be you’re not blowing smoke out of the five hole! I enjoy your posts, so don’t get discouraged, keep listening and writing.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back