$700 tube amp for D2000 / HD650
Mar 13, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #46 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like there is no enough power to drive Denons?

My D2000 sound great with my DV336i. That is going to become my bassment rig, now that I have a WA6 on the way. I have been very satisfied with it, except that everyone was telling me I needed a better source and amp - Hence the Marantz as transport with Apogee mini-DAC and WA6 (see sig).

Ken at ALOaudio had me out looking for one, and I had the seller holding it since yesterday AM, and then completed the purchase around midnight. Jamato8 loves his, and he was the final straw to getting me to pull the trigger on it.

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #51 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are lot of comments on hum with HA-1A. It's out of the race.

I digged more on Cayin HA-1A. It seems that later version was revised and likely hum is eleminated. I also find a seller who promised to refund if I will not be satisfied with sound. So Cayin is back!

Did anybody compare Cayin HA-1A to Darkvoice 336, Darkvoice 332 or some of WooAudio amps?

Mar 29, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #52 of 53
Update: I have about 250 hours on the Woo 6, on top of the 40 the original owner did. It is maxed with huge V-caps and blackgates and still needs more time. I did get a nice Bugle Boy GZ34 to try, once it is burned in.

Mar 29, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #53 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update: I have about 250 hours on the Woo 6, on top of the 40 the original owner did. It is maxed with huge V-caps and blackgates and still needs more time. I did get a nice Bugle Boy GZ34 to try, once it is burned in.

Same here. 250+ hours on my fully modded WA6. It was a bit difficult to mod, but I think it was worth it. After some more hours, I'll put RCA 6DE7's + GZ34 back in.

I guess I'll have to try GZ30 + 6EW7's with adapters at some point.

Oh, and max'd out WA6 works with both headphones
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back