$700 to Spend at Best Buy
Dec 27, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #16 of 25
Like some users have stated their headphone line is FAR from mediocre. I'd say save a few hundred bucks, combine it with that 700 and get yourself a samsung LED. Blu rays are AMAZING on this thing.

Dec 27, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like some users have stated their headphone line is FAR from mediocre.

BestBuy does carry the HD-650 and HD-600 online. The problem is that BestBuy wants full MSRP for them. Why pay $500 for the HD-650 when you can get it for $325-$350 from another authorized dealer? Then again, it might be worth putting in a call to customer service to see if they'll price match B&H or another online retailer.

Dec 27, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that an actual LED TV or is it just an LED backlight?

Actual. Samsung UN55B8000. GREAT TV, i have this one in the living room and the UNb407000 in my room. i love this series to death, this made me want to go out and rebuy my whole DVD collection in blu ray. Sometimes i'd even prefer my living room to the theatre because the picture quality is simply amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BestBuy does carry the HD-650 and HD-600 online. The problem is that BestBuy wants full MSRP for them. Why pay $500 for the HD-650 when you can get it for $325-$350 from another authorized dealer? Then again, it might be worth putting in a call to customer service to see if they'll price match B&H or another online retailer.

Yeah, i'm sure everyone's heard of moon audio, they sell hd650s on ebay for 350 and 550 with their upgraded headphone cables. BB has done some price matching, but usually with other major department stores, i really doubt they'd match an ebay seller or something of that sort but like you said it's worth a try. anyways like i said i'd go with the LED TV.
wink_face.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actual. Samsung UN55B8000. GREAT TV, i have this one in the living room and the UNb407000 in my room. i love this series to death, this made me want to go out and rebuy my whole DVD collection in blu ray. Sometimes i'd even prefer my living room to the theatre because the picture quality is simply amazing.

The only actual LED TV in production is the Sony XEL-1. All mass market "LED TVs" are just LED backlit. The 8000 series is also edge lit, not a full array like the 8500 series, which explains the numerous complaints on backlighting issues. I'd go with something else (Music/Blu-rays/PS3/Ipod Touch/Zune HD).
wink_face.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only actual LED TV in production is the Sony XEL-1. All mass market "LED TVs" are just LED backlit. The 8000 series is also edge lit, not a full array like the 8500 series, which explains the numerous complaints on backlighting issues. I'd go with something else (Music/Blu-rays/PS3/Ipod Touch/Zune HD).
wink_face.gif

I hate edge lit. So unnatural looking. My monitor has it and it fails.

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink_face.gif

The 55 inch i do notice it in the corners, which was annoying at first but i got used to it. the 40 is small enough to where the light is able to be distributed evenly. you can't notice it at all.

Dec 28, 2009 at 10:16 AM Post #24 of 25
Yeah I figured it wasn't a RGB LED TV.. They're really really expensive. I wish companies would stop marketing their stuff as LED TV/screen when it's really an LCD TV/screen with LED backlights instead of CCFL. Don't get me wrong, I love the LED backlight on my laptop, but only because of low heat, lower power usage, and long life.. not because it looks better, because it makes no difference.

Dec 28, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I figured it wasn't a RGB LED TV.. They're really really expensive. I wish companies would stop marketing their stuff as LED TV/screen when it's really an LCD TV/screen with LED backlights instead of CCFL. Don't get me wrong, I love the LED backlight on my laptop, but only because of low heat, lower power usage, and long life.. not because it looks better, because it makes no difference.

Yeah, i was checking out sonys products, it's just stupid expensive. Sonys XBR series would be the better choice. Speaking of companies hyping irrelevant things, 120hz and 240hz literally has no difference. at least not enough to where i can see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back