6sn7.com no more
Oct 4, 2004 at 3:38 AM Post #2 of 11
I miss the super-high resolution pics of the PPX3 paired with the various headphones...it gives me something to look at when I'm separated from my amp for long periods of time
frown.gif

Oct 4, 2004 at 3:45 AM Post #4 of 11
I miss the old prices.
frown.gif

Oct 4, 2004 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
I miss the old prices.
frown.gif

When you make changes and when you innovate - you HAVE to up the prices to keep up with the R&D and increased cost of parts. The prices are still very good for what the amps stand for.

Cheers!

Oct 4, 2004 at 4:08 AM Post #6 of 11
the good thing is I ordered the amp that I wanted about a month ago so Mikhail let me go with the older pricing.
smily_headphones1.gif

as for the innovation, Mikhail is definitely doing that for my amp.
biggrin.gif
it will have a feature or two yet to be seen in his amps (or any other headphone amp to my knowledge for that matter).

Oct 4, 2004 at 4:11 AM Post #7 of 11
No, I don't blame anyone for higher prices. It was pretty amazing that Mikhail was able to keep prices where they were before for so long. It just makes me sad because It makes me feel even more poor.

Oct 4, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #8 of 11
If I recall correctly, most, if not all of the price changes reflect the standardization of certain common upgrades.

you are paying the same amount, except now certain parts are now mandatory, so to speak. Surely this has been done because Mikhail feels that these changes really benefit the amps.

Oct 4, 2004 at 4:58 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanahachi
If I recall correctly, most, if not all of the price changes reflect the standardization of certain common upgrades.

that's true... although in a few cases the prices of the components also went up so there's also that. the price of a pair of SDS level reservoir caps went up $700 from $1199 to $1899 (I had to pay the new price on this since the price Mikhail buys them for went up by that amount, which I don't mind btw) and there may be a few others like this. also, some of the amps have previously unavailable features that are also included in the base package like the 14 lbs. plitron transformer for the SDS so there's also that. a few models had price increases not associated with changes in components used / component prices but it isn't too much.

I don't mind any of this and would most likely pay the current asking price anyways (though I may not go too extreme with the upgrades in that case) since they are still a great value and a steal. I'm just noting the price changes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by petery83
I miss the super-high resolution pics of the PPX3 paired with the various headphones...it gives me something to look at when I'm separated from my amp for long periods of time
frown.gif

I talked with Mikhail earlier to work out some details for my amp, and I also mentioned this to him so hopefully the pictures will appear on the new site soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back