6J8P and 6P13P Compatible replacement tubes?
Apr 14, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #17 of 21
Yeah, I wasn't trying to be rude. What I meant was that making adapters is more than simply moving pins around. With tubes, you need to have some parts (like grid and plate stoppers) right on the pins or else you can get oscillations. So, if you were able to find tubes with exactly the same specs but different pin out, you would at least need to move parts around on the inside. Also, finding such tubes is unlikely, so I figured you were going to need to trace the schematic, figure out new operating points for the new tubes, and essentially rebuild things. So, it just seemed like a lot of work to me.

-d

Apr 14, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #18 of 21
Well looking at the tech specs and tube pinout schematics the 6SJ7 seems to be identical to the 6j8p. Can anyone confirm this for me? And the 6SJ7 tubes seem rather common.

However they're all metal cased.

Is this harmful in audio reproduction?

Apr 14, 2006 at 7:34 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobxMcCarthy
Well looking at the tech specs and tube pinout schematics the 6SJ7 seems to be identical to the 6j8p. Can anyone confirm this for me? And the 6SJ7 tubes seem rather common.

However they're all metal cased.

Is this harmful in audio reproduction?

No, they are just not as pretty, or so I am told. I'll check the sheets tomorrow, I am VERY tired right now, and I'll probably make a mistake
340smile.gif

Apr 14, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #20 of 21
I think I'm going to grab a pair of RCA's and a pair of GE's. See how they sound. If they don't work in the amp I'll just resell them.

Now I need to find a replacement for the 6P13P. I think I'll try that forum where these were found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back