6G Nano - First Impressions
Sep 13, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #18 of 54
I picked one up as well.  After three days, I would say the sound is smooth and is a perfect partner for the gym or running (love the form factor).  I use it with a pair of Westone 3s (no amp).  You almost forget that it is clipped on to your shorts.  It replaces an iAudio 7 (my former workout partner), which I intend to compare in the comming weeks (along with my iPhone 3gs).  However, critical listening is not something that is really relevant since the gym and outdoors has plenty of ambient noise that makes such comparisions almost moot in my opinion. 

Sep 13, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #20 of 54
I love mine so far! Just need to get enough monies to buy a P-51 Mustang. My current amp doesn't really go well with it size wise (graham slee voyager).
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #24 of 54
Could anyone with an iPad dock and new Nano see if they work together? The iPad dock works with my 2G and 3G Touch and 120GB Classic, but with the clip the 6g Nano might not fit (or might fit but not function as reported above?).

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #27 of 54
I really dislike it when newer models offer less features than older models, except for the touch screen, which isn't that good for the nano anyways. If you want a touch screen go for the ipod touch.

Sep 15, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #28 of 54
I am on record as a person who wants one of these specifically because I run and the Nike + system is built into it and it is so small and convenient.  I am still on the fence however because of the pricing.  I am having a very hard time justifying paying the same amount of money for a player that has a fraction of the options.  Might just have to wait and buy it used later down the road.

It's like selling a mercedes and a Kia for 50,000 each.  Would you really spend 50 K for the Kia and pass on the Benz?  Don't think I can bring myself to do it. 

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #30 of 54
humanafterall,

the 6G Nano has the same factory preset EQ settings as the iPod Touch,
accessible via the "Settings" menu.

I personally use a custom EQ technique that works for me,
but which many here claim has no effect.

in iTunes, on Playlist page,
View/View Options - select EQ

then select a factory preset for each and every song (e.g. Rock, or any other factory EQ setting name)

then in Window, select EQ - pop up window appears
adjust EQ slider bars as desired
(subtractive EQ is better - I want at least 3db down on everything)

select Make Preset

Name your custom EQ "Rock" (or any other EQ preset name, as long as it's the same name selected in Playlist EQ above)
- overwrite factory setting
(make sure the little 'EQ On' box in the upper left of the pop up window is checked)

select EQ-Rock on your iPod

Sync iPod

You should now have the custom EQ setting implemented on your iPod.

Works for me - don't know why some others here, can't get it to work for them.

Couldn't live without it.
On JH16/Nano combo - I use it to null out the Nano's 100Hz "hump" - really tightens up the bottom end.

Happy listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back