6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes
Jun 7, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #797 of 1,004
Question:

I have 4 Reflektor 6N23P SWGP '75 tubes I purchased on Ebay, they were fairly expensive, but the Ukraine seller seems pretty legit and had measurement data. I swapped them into my amp last night and the balance seems off, in that the left channel seemed stronger than the right, shifting the soundstage to the left. It is pretty noticeable.

I've done a bit of tube rolling over the years, but I have yet to experience tube failure because I rotate tubes fairly often. I am sending the tubes off for testing, but in the meantime, do you think my issue may relate to one or more of the tubes going bad?

Thanks

I have got this problem with 6N23P, used on Bravo V3, to replace the 6922. The problem used to happen because the tube was badly inserted.

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #798 of 1,004
Good point about checking the insertion. The tube sockets on my amp (Blue Circle Audio BC-204) have a tight hold on the tubes and it takes a fair bit of careful effort both to insert tubes and also to remove them. Perhaps one of the tubes was not seated in properly?

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #799 of 1,004
Good point about checking the insertion. The tube sockets on my amp (Blue Circle Audio BC-204) have a tight hold on the tubes and it takes a fair bit of careful effort both to insert tubes and also to remove them. Perhaps one of the tubes was not seated in properly?
Try to turn the tube around a little bit, with the amp turned on and try to adjust to get the correct balance.

Jun 7, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #800 of 1,004
Question:

I have 4 Reflektor 6N23P SWGP '75 tubes I purchased on Ebay, they were fairly expensive, but the Ukraine seller seems pretty legit and had measurement data. I swapped them into my amp last night and the balance seems off, in that the left channel seemed stronger than the right, shifting the soundstage to the left. It is pretty noticeable.

I've done a bit of tube rolling over the years, but I have yet to experience tube failure because I rotate tubes fairly often. I am sending the tubes off for testing, but in the meantime, do you think my issue may relate to one or more of the tubes going bad?

Thanks
Probably bad testing tubes, if its from that Svetlana or something from Ukraine, got bad testing and noisy tubes years ago.

Jun 12, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #803 of 1,004
It turns out one of my tubes was just not seated in all the way. No more imbalance issues. I still plan on sending them for testing. Also, these tubes sound absolutely fantastic!

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #805 of 1,004
I was wondering if anybody knows how the 6922 tube shootout was scored. I had read rb2013 used (0.5) increments however the final scores show (0.1) increments. I didn't
read an explanation for that. It is an outstanding review and was able to duplicate his results with the same tube types.

Apr 24, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #810 of 1,004
Many thanks. I've ordered a pair from the seller, so I'll find out how they are soon.
Just make sure to get them tested. The last batch of 50 Reflektors I had that were sold as NOS, tested over 60% of them dead (below min levels, or had shorts).

I'd be happy to test them for you if you're stuck for testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back