64 GB Touch soon?
Aug 7, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 23
Maybe a 16gb Nano. I'm hoping the Touch V.2 is 64gb though,............ with a volume rocker ala' the iPhone!!!!

Aug 7, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #3 of 23
Considered a Touch, but the price is still way too high and there's no way I'll do an iPhone with all the issues of late, but especially if Apple is going to start this kind of BS ala Microsoft.
frown.gif

iPhone phones home

Aug 7, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 23
We can always wish!
smily_headphones1.gif

Even if I would like a 32 or 64GB iPod nano instead. Preferably in the 1st. or 2nd. generation form factor.

Aug 7, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 23
I think we probably will all never get our wish,............ just like the custom EQ we've all asked Apple for (for those of us that DO EQ).

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #7 of 23
In order to speculate we'd need more data. Specifically on the form factor and interconnects of the new chip; specifically whether it's has modular parity with the current NAND chips and the Apple Nano/Touch PCB. Toshiba is not stupid so they probably were mindful of this as they are a key supplier to Apple (as the article states).

So if the new chip has modular parity with the old 8GB NAND chip then it could be integrated with existing lines (3G Nano, 1G Touch) with the only hindrance being Apple's reluctance to alter the $199 price point for the Nano, etc.

If they do stick with the 3G Nano and just swap out the 8GB NAND chip then I'm not sure 64GB is doable as there'd have to be two sockets in the Nano PCB to accommodate 2 32GB NAND chips.

To hit 64GB a redesign would be required -- probably in the older, vertical style to fit two 32GB chips. Personally I like the 2G Nano form factor as it's very thin.

However, I'm not sure if Apple would back track on the whole "Video" dynamic of the 3G Nano -- a move that is unsound in my mind given the small size of the screen (remember the Sony Watchman?).

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #8 of 23
Why get so excited,........ this is a thread of speculation and wishful thinking on our parts. Nothing to knock us down over.

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why get so excited,........ this is a thread of speculation and wishful thinking on our parts. Nothing to knock us down over.

No offense intended. I'm only getting excited for a 32-64GB Nano.

But probably the only thing that'll speed up the usual Apple upgrade cycle is competition. I'm sure someone in a board room somewhere (probably Hong Kong) is cooking up an ipod slayer envisioned with this same chip (and hopefully wolfson DAC!).

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #10 of 23
Apple may launch iPod touch nano and close the current nano line(also maybe upgrade the capacity of current shuffle). But iam looking forward for iPod Classic 250GB with larger screen(2.8in or 3in). BTW i really want ipod classic special edition for audiophiles with internal AMPs(highest sound quality possible).

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple may launch iPod touch nano and close the current nano line(also maybe upgrade the capacity of current shuffle). But iam looking forward for iPod Classic 250GB with larger screen(2.8in or 3in). BTW i really want ipod classic special edition for audiophiles with internal AMPs(highest sound quality possible).

I was unimpressed with the 80GB Classic I owned briefly. The click wheel was very sluggish (even with cover flow disabled) and the unit was way too heavy for portable use. As far as SQ I'm finding the line out on the 32GB touch is superior.

There's no reason apple couldn't release a high capacity NAND Touch with the same form factor. If they can squeeze 4 8GB NAND chips into the current touch then they can probably put 4 32GB NAND chips in Touch 2.0. and 128GB is perfect -- that being said I'm also eager for an audiophile edition (really for the price $500 you should get the very best DAC/components in the touch, at least on par with the iMod).

Another drawback of a hard drive driven player is that it's less able to tolerate heat. I couldn't leave my 4GB ipod mini in my car and expect it to work, but the 2G Nano can take the heat.

Aug 8, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #12 of 23
All I can say is.
Here comes the new 64GB iPod Touch. If it ends up being the same price as the current 32GB iPod Touch. I wouldn't mind paying for it.
biggrin.gif
If it was 128GB with the same price tag of the current 32GB iPod Touch, even better.

As long as the back is not PLASTIC.

Aug 8, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a Touch and I got rid of it. I still can't believe I spent that much money on that thing...

Why'd you get rid of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back