64 Audio U12t vs Trio
Feb 26, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #16 of 44
Mest is one unique headphone, heard lot of good things about it, I didn't get a chance to listen but DMS mentioned in his review that it sounds best with the comply foam tips. you can check the following thread at headphones.com. One of the users Torq posted a nice comparison. But again this are pretty subjective.

https://forum.headphones.com/t/unique-melody-mest-hybrid-iem-official-thread/5827/13

Still waiting for the package. It seems there is delay from 64 Audio. Talked with Headphones.com they said they will be getting a shipment next week, hope I'll get it by next weekend. Hope it's worth the wait.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #17 of 44
Mest is one unique headphone, heard lot of good things about it, I didn't get a chance to listen but DMS mentioned in his review that it sounds best with the comply foam tips. you can check the following thread at headphones.com. One of the users Torq posted a nice comparison. But again this are pretty subjective.

https://forum.headphones.com/t/unique-melody-mest-hybrid-iem-official-thread/5827/13

Still waiting for the package. It seems there is delay from 64 Audio. Talked with Headphones.com they said they will be getting a shipment next week, hope I'll bet it by next weekend. Hope it's worth the wait.
I've owned the UM Mest for a couple weeks now and I love them. For me, the comply tips made the Mest too dark. I prefer the Asla SednaEarfitLight tips. Much more balanced sound and enables the nice mids and highs and the nice sound stage of the MESTs.

I also have had the Sony IER-Z1R for several days and I am loving them now. It took me a few days to get everything the way I like it. The Z1Rs are bass and sound stage monsters. With the right source and tips, they have the best bass I've heard in any IEM by far. These are my guilty pleasure IEMs as I listen to a much warmer and elevated bass than I do with other headphones and IEMs.

My guess is the Trio is more like the Z1Rs because they both have a V shaped sound signature and both are hybrids/tribrids with DD bass drivers. I was originally leaning toward picking up a Trio, but I think given my collection, getting a U12t will provide a better diversity of sound. Need a purely reference and analystical IEM in the stable. I did demo it and I like the U12t a lot, but that was 5-6 months ago.

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #18 of 44
I've owned the UM Mest for a couple weeks now and I love them. For me, the comply tips made the Mest too dark. I prefer the Asla SednaEarfitLight tips. Much more balanced sound and enables the nice mids and highs and the nice sound stage of the MESTs.

I also have had the Sony IER-Z1R for several days and I am loving them now. It took me a few days to get everything the way I like it. The Z1Rs are bass and sound stage monsters. With the right source and tips, they have the best bass I've heard in any IEM by far. These are my guilty pleasure IEMs as I listen to a much warmer and elevated bass than I do with other headphones and IEMs.

My guess is the Trio is more like the Z1Rs because they both have a V shaped sound signature and both are hybrids/tribrids with DD bass drivers. I was originally leaning toward picking up a Trio, but I think given my collection, getting a U12t will provide a better diversity of sound. Need a purely reference and analystical IEM in the stable. I did demo it and I like the U12t a lot, but that was 5-6 months ago.
Thanks for posting. I also wanted the Z1r but didn't purchase because of the comfort issue, want to check with you is the comfort too bad on Z1r ? Does your ear hearts after a while? Heart great things about it as you shared but some people mentioned comfort is a big issue.

Feb 27, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #19 of 44
Thanks for posting. I also wanted the Z1r but didn't purchase because of the comfort issue, want to check with you is the comfort too bad on Z1r ? Does your ear hearts after a while? Heart great things about it as you shared but some people mentioned comfort is a big issue.
I do not have much trouble with the z1rs, but I have very large ears. I don't have trouble with the Mest, nor the Dusks. I get a very good seal with the Asla SednaEarFitlight Short tips. Don't even need super deep insertion. It works for me. I do get slight ear discomfort after about 3 hours. I take them out for an hour and I am good for another 3 hours. I love the bass on these IEMs.

May 4, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #20 of 44
What do you not like about the Mest?
To update you all I received my u12 t before a month. I used it with DUNU Blanche, this is simply awesome compared to andro it is in a different league, the transparency is top notch and it's unbelievable that the bass comes from BA drivers, sadly after a month I had a problem in right ear and the sound was getting disconnected in every 3-4 mins, if I push the right ear cable then it was okay, surely something was wrong in right ear plug near the 2 pin connector. I contacted 64 Audio support created a tier 2 repair service and asked them if it can be replaced with a new unit instead of repair. They replied back that in dealer network they will only repair for free within warranty period. I was sad since it was almost a new unit. Today the repaired shipment came from 64 Audio, guess what it's a sealed brand new unit. I almost made my mind to sell it once I get back and buy the Sony ier z1r as there is a good deal going in B&H photo video. But the support of 64 Audio is excellent. I'm gonna keep it. Just want to check with you guys is it possible that it might happened because of the DUNU blanche cable. I'm now little skeptical to use the cable with the new iem. Do you have any suggestion on the custom cable , the 64 Audio premium cable is too overpriced at 500 bucks. Any alternate suggestion for a good cable ?

64 Audio after sell service is awesome.

May 5, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #21 of 44
Do you have any suggestion on the custom cable , the 64 Audio premium cable is too overpriced at 500 bucks. Any alternate suggestion for a good cable ?
Thieaudio’s EST IEM cable (the one that comes with Monarch & Clairvoyance) is excellent and on sale for just $55 on Drop.

May 11, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #23 of 44
Nothing that I "don't like", just wondering if either of the other ones would perform better or offer anything different that I would enjoy more.
As I mentioned earlier. The 2 pin connector in my u12t got loose and had to send for repair, instead of repair 64 Audio sent me a brand new iem. They are one of the best I heard specially with the m20 module but I want to sell it as brand new and buy a Full Size can with headamp GSX mini amp and RME ADI-2 dac. If anyone is interested here I'll sell it for 1649 (1600 + PayPal Fees), shipping is on me. Additionally I'll give away all my cutom tips like JVC spiral Dot +(L), Spinfit (M and L) and Symbio F foam tips (S, M and L). Selling in ebay is difficult as they will charge 10% final value along with sales Tax and 3.5% Paypal so almost 17% extra. Please check some of the images below. I'm unable to post it in Classifieds as well it may require more posts. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG-0754.jpg
    IMG-0754.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-0755.jpg
    IMG-0755.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
May 20, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #24 of 44
Surely it will be a good upgrade, these are in different league compared to AKG n5005. It is just when you buy don't pay the retail of 1999, if you shop around they are often given good deals like I got it for 20% off from headphones.com. Audio46 was also having the same deal a few days back and I think both the shops are great in terms of support. You can talk to them before you purchase to get a good deal and 64 audio support is also pretty responsive and good.
luckily i got a 2nd hand pair of Forte Noir with just around 2400$. Bass, transparency are superb

May 21, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #25 of 44
luckily i got a 2nd hand pair of Forte Noir with just around 2400$. Bass, transparency are superb
That's a great deal you got. I'm still thinking about the 2 pin connector, they seems pretty fragile to me and I wonder next time 64 Audio would send me a new pair. I wonder why they won't change the connectors to mmcx which everyone else is using. That's why I'm thinking of selling it and get the ier-z1r with a Sony walkman. One thing is sure can't complain about the sound quality, it is unique and with m20 module it is one of the best I ever hard.

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #26 of 44
I do not have much trouble with the z1rs, but I have very large ears. I don't have trouble with the Mest, nor the Dusks. I get a very good seal with the Asla SednaEarFitlight Short tips. Don't even need super deep insertion. It works for me. I do get slight ear discomfort after about 3 hours. I take them out for an hour and I am good for another 3 hours. I love the bass on these IEMs.
Finally I sold my u12t and now settled with the Sony ier-z1r. It is from amazon so no tension of return. Initially had little trouble with the right tips but now i got a good fit and comfort with the Sony triple comfort m size, seeing your post I ordered the Azla Sednaearfitlight short m size tips, I hope I'll get a great fit with that too.

This one is awesome, the difference what I saw is in bass and soundstage, the bass is great without being boomy it feels just perfect and the soundstage is grand there is no match with u12t in these 2 areas. Mids might be little recessed but who cares, it's thoroughly enjoyable and it scales pretty well with a good amps. I ordered the L&P w2 from musicteck which is arriving on Tuesday.

I think my search for iem ends for now, thanks again for your post.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #28 of 44
Finally I sold my u12t and now settled with the Sony ier-z1r. It is from amazon so no tension of return. Initially had little trouble with the right tips but now i got a good fit and comfort with the Sony triple comfort m size, seeing your post I ordered the Azla Sednaearfitlight short m size tips, I hope I'll get a great fit with that too.

This one is awesome, the difference what I saw is in bass and soundstage, the bass is great without being boomy it feels just perfect and the soundstage is grand there is no match with u12t in these 2 areas. Mids might be little recessed but who cares, it's thoroughly enjoyable and it scales pretty well with a good amps. I ordered the L&P w2 from musicteck which is arriving on Tuesday.

I think my search for iem ends for now, thanks again for your post.
I'm trialing the Z1R's also with LPW2, was thinking of also the U12T, but seeing this I won't bother. Maybe the new EE EVO....

Oct 11, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #30 of 44
Tia Trio and U12t are two greatly different IEMs.It greatly depends on the personal preference to the taste of your music.

As per Zeos from Z reviews had said, Tia Trio is a musical delight to have, where U12t is a tool of trade. You may use U12t to reproduce totally accurate music straight out of the studio. Tia Trio or even the Tia Fourte reproduce music from a the tuning preference from 64Audio, adding much flavour to your music. U12t is a organic plate fresh veggies from the garden, where Tia Trio is a plate of richly flavoured and savoury plate of veggies made from Michelin Starred Chefs.
Has Zoes made a review of the tia Trio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back