64 Audio A18 Tzar (TM) Impressions Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Apr 13, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #16 of 286
Do you plan also an European tour ?

I am your man for France :flag_fr: and Belgium :flag_be:....:smile:

They are in early stages, but there is a good chance later on if the US tour is successful.

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #17 of 286
- Will there be a " Custom " Fourte ?

- Is the Fourte´s earpiece same size or smaller than the 18's ?

I am hoping that they get to a custom Fourte' soon too. But again, early in the production so they need time to ramp up. Will be launching the tour thread soon with a picture of both side by side which they appear to be the same size. However, I don't have the tour kit yet to be an eye witness.

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #18 of 286
  Do you know if 64 Audio would be willing to sell their tour unit of the tia Fourté?
I'd be interested in purchasing it if they are willing! :)

These tours seem to be perpetual. You may have a long wait.

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #19 of 286
I am working on an unboxing video, but have a moving company over pulling apart my equipment as I type this so it looks like it will be next week before getting posted when my office gets set back up on the other side.. 

The A18 Tzar first impressions - well........ lets just say that it knocked me on my butt. I have to rethink my CIEM reviews now as it is definitely at a new level. The comfort is outstanding, the air pressure that it moves without punishing my ears, the enormous sound stage and 3D imaging ..... but best of all the timbre of the instruments is outrageous. This is a full sized HP experience that is out of head and top notch SQ pushing the exotic range. I was worried that the bass might be light given the neutral tuning description, but I would call it natural, not neutral. So far I have only listened to my Calyx M and with the stock cables, but the transparency on this CIEM tells me that it will scale to the moon with the right pathway. Time to find out.

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #22 of 286
  These tours seem to be perpetual. You may have a long wait.

I'm very patient haha.

I've been waiting for quite some time for a truly spectacular CIEM to come along to be the spiritual successor to my now gone (but missed) NT-6 Pro. The SE5 Ult was great, but I listen to quite a bit of electronic music so it just didn't do it for me in the bass department. I'm really hoping the tia fourte will get the job done!

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #28 of 286
  I am working on an unboxing video, but have a moving company over pulling apart my equipment as I type this so it looks like it will be next week before getting posted when my office gets set back up on the other side.. 

The A18 Tzar first impressions - well........ lets just say that it knocked me on my butt. I have to rethink my CIEM reviews now as it is definitely at a new level. The comfort is outstanding, the air pressure that it moves without punishing my ears, the enormous sound stage and 3D imaging ..... but best of all the timbre of the instruments is outrageous. This is a full sized HP experience that is out of head and top notch SQ pushing the exotic range. I was worried that the bass might be light given the neutral tuning description, but I would call it natural, not neutral. So far I have only listened to my Calyx M and with the stock cables, but the transparency on this CIEM tells me that it will scale to the moon with the right pathway. Time to find out.

very interesting.... I am looking forward a Tzar v/s Fourte comparaison 
biggrin.gif

A question : I wonder if the APEX technology (a small vent to reduce air pressure inside the air) could makes the Fourte/Tzar less isolating than the other IEMs ?

This will be a deal breaker for me !   Indeed, I will often use IEMs in environments where I definitively need sound isolation (planes, cars...)

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #29 of 286
I'm very patient haha.

I've been waiting for quite some time for a truly spectacular CIEM to come along to be the spiritual successor to my now gone (but missed) NT-6 Pro. The SE5 Ult was great, but I listen to quite a bit of electronic music so it just didn't do it for me in the bass department. I'm really hoping the tia fourte will get the job done!

FWIW, Barra owns the NT6 Pro as well.

Apr 15, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #30 of 286
very interesting.... I am looking forward a Tzar v/s Fourte comparaison :D  

A question : I wonder if the APEX technology (a small vent to reduce air pressure inside the air) could makes the Fourte/Tzar less isolating than the other IEMs ?

This will be a deal breaker for me !   Indeed, I will often use IEMs in environments where I definitively need sound isolation (planes, cars...)

Just look at the isolation they provide. I really don't find much difference to my other regular customs without this tech or vents. For reference, the ADEL modules offer less isolation. Yet, I fly in up to 10 hr flights every couple of months and even the B1 which offers less isolation that the Apex modules works wonders for me. And I generally listen at Lower volumes than the average person on this site and have been on flights with crying babies too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back