#62's Journey
Sep 30, 2005 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

overlunge

1000+ Head-Fier
HF-1 #62 arrived at my door step this morning, as always, I rang up and let some of my patients sat in the waiting room for a few more minutes, while I sat at home, ready to have a listen!

Unfortunately, the left channel produced no sound...

In despair, I drove to work, almost got sandwiched between two cars... and wrote Todd a email and ask him regarding the procedure of getting the #62 repaired.

Todd's reply was prompt, and apologetic... And offered to contact John to see if I can send the #62 straigt back to Grado Labs. So far, although I am dissappointed that my expectation for this headphones have to be realised in a later day... The support from TTVJ was one of the best I have experienced.

Now I've just finished work, and decided to post this thread and document the journey of the #62 to share the experience of Todd's and Grado's constomer service (to come.)

Important Dates so far:

10th September
Placed order for HF-1 on the phone via international toll call, Todd assigned me the #62. Quickly followed by email to confirm the shipping details. ETA two and a half weeks was given by Todd on the phone.

21st September
Credit card was charged.

30th September
#62 arrived via NZ Post courier service and produce no sound on the left channel. Todd was contacted and pending the destination for return shippment.

3rd October
#62 is on rout to Grado labs for repairs. Let the clocks start ticking! Looking forward to its return. ETA to Grado labs is about 4-10 Working Days.

22nd October
Field a call to Grado Labs, and told #62 will be on its return journey back to me, today.

4th November
Woke up this morning, a package at the door. #62's home at last. Waited when I got home from work and plugged it in and had a listen. Pure Grado magic!

Tis the end of the journey for #62, she will be loved for days and years to come.
biggrin.gif

Thanks, John and Todd!

Overlunge

Sep 30, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #2 of 21
Geez that's too bad, this is the second occurance in the first 62 HF-1's to have a dead channel. Does anyone remember what channel was dead on Lou's set?

edit: I'm glad to see you're going about it the right way. Props to you for acting professional during this ordeal
cool.gif

Sep 30, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #3 of 21
it's a shame you're a kiwi! so much extra postage
frown.gif

Sep 30, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 21
Ouch, this sucks. You expect the HF-1s to be downright amazing, and first thing you find out is that one side isn't working. Good luck in getting it fixed or getting another pair by Todd.

Sep 30, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #5 of 21
Jeeesz...this sucks...sorry to hear it overlunge but I'm sure John and Todd will recitfy the situation ASAP. Regardless of the fact that I'm a Grado fanboy, I think a lot of people have testified that John really does care about the Head-Fi community (HF-1 dah) and will do everything possible to fix it.

Don't get me wrong, if I receive mine with a dead channel I will be ROYALLY pissed off!
rs1smile.gif

Trogdor

Sep 30, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #7 of 21
Thanks for the support guys... in time, it will work out fine!

Overlunge

Sep 30, 2005 at 5:40 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Geez that's too bad, this is the second occurance in the first 62 HF-1's to have a dead channel. Does anyone remember what channel was dead on Lou's set?

edit: I'm glad to see you're going about it the right way. Props to you for acting professional during this ordeal
cool.gif

It looks like The Monkey is having a problem too: Link That would make 3 out of the first 62 with problems

Sep 30, 2005 at 1:02 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by overlunge
Important Dates so far:

10th September
Placed order for HF-1 on the phone via international toll call, Todd assigned me the #62. Quickly followed by email to confirm the shipping details. ETA two and a half weeks was given by Todd on the phone.

21st September
Credit card was charged.

30th September
#62 arrived via NZ Post courier service and produce no sound on the left channel. Todd was contacted and pending the destination for return shippment.

Lets see... I ordered mine online on Sept 10th.

I don't believe my card has been charged, and it is the 30th. I believe my number is closer to 162...than 62.

Note to Self: Don't fall asleep at the wheel.

Oct 3, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #10 of 21
Bump for updat!
biggrin.gif
It's off to the Big Apple [size=xx-small]from the land of Kiwis[/size]

Overlunge

Oct 21, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #11 of 21
Bump for New Update...

Oct 21, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
It looks like The Monkey is having a problem too: Link That would make 3 out of the first 62 with problems

The jury is still out on this one. I thought the problem was gone, and then it seems to have resurfaced. Also, kramer5150 is right, the Grados are really cranky about positioning. At this point, I'm not sure what's going on.

Oct 21, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
The jury is still out on this one. I thought the problem was gone, and then it seems to have resurfaced. Also, kramer5150 is right, the Grados are really cranky about positioning. At this point, I'm not sure what's going on.

Hi The Monkey,

Have you contemplated to send them to Grado Labs and get it checked?

Overlunge

Oct 21, 2005 at 11:12 PM Post #14 of 21
Yeah I was going to do it, but I also am kind of just hoping it will be ok. I really don't want to go through the hassle of sending them in to grado, y'know. I guess I should just suck it up...

Nov 4, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #15 of 21
Last bump, for #62's return and in stereo at last!

Overlunge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back