<$600 Amp for Beyer T1
Jan 21, 2011 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

minjae0810

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi,

I recently purchased a Beyerdynamic T1, but I don't have an amp to drive it.

I'm trying to listen to it with FiiO E9, but it just doesn't sound good enough for me.

I've read though hundreds of posts and threads, but most of them are leading me to >$800 amps like

SPL, Meier, etc...

I know that I should have thought about an amp beforehand, but

Is there an amp below $600 that will make this headphone shine?

Will it be a better idea to return these and get something that's easier to drive?

Thanks in advance,

Jan 21, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #3 of 7
NOOOO, don't return them if you like the T1 sound signature. I have a Woo 3 and it drives the T1 with plenty of power to spare and sounds great for $500. I've had my Woo 3 for 5 years and have no real reasons to upgrade. For me that's amazing.

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 7
Woo audio sounds great, but I can't seem to pay through paypal because
my cards are from Korea, etc.

Are there any other options?

How are the m-stage matrix and little dot amps?

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
NOOOO, don't return them if you like the T1 sound signature. I have a Woo 3 and it drives the T1 with plenty of power to spare and sounds great for $500. I've had my Woo 3 for 5 years and have no real reasons to upgrade. For me that's amazing.

x3 for the WA3. I prefer it to the 6 for the T1s. With a little time and some dosh invested in tubes it is a mesmerizing combination, even at very low volumes. The GCHA has a smooth sound with good imaging and is a good-value companion for the T1s also, I'd say. I'd expect the MF V3 to do a nice job also, though I haven't heard it. The M-Stage should be very good too. I had one a while back and liked it, but didn't have the T1s then. Have you looked at Dark Voice offerings?

best,

o

Jan 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #6 of 7
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/530556/new-schiit-lyr-hybrid-6w-headphone-amp-yes-six-watts-rms

Or if you want something now, the Valhalla could work in a pinch. Sounded pretty good with the T1 when I tried it at an audio show.

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #7 of 7
Wow, thank you all.

I ordered a Valhalla from Schiit.

The reviews generally seemed to suggest that it would be a nice match, and it looks nice :wink:

If I like it, I might get the Lyr when it comes out.

I couldn't get the payment to work on woo audio, so I gave up :'( but I would love to try it in the future.

I can't wait for my box of schiit to arrive XD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back