6" or 4" Mini to Mini - HR or Cardas?
Jun 8, 2007 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tracyrick

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have a 6" cable (with stacked amp and MP3 player) and wishes it was 2" shorter?

I have two mini to mini cables and they are both too long. For an amp and an MP3 player stacked (Portaphile V2 Maxxed and iRiver H120). I am into a value cable right now.

My dillemae is that Headroom has a HR 4" for $10, or a Cardas 6" for $14. Both dirt cheap, price irrelevant to me between these two. Maybe the Cardas is better quality, but maybe the HR at 4" would be less tangle mess.

If 4" really makes a difference, I won't worry about the quality, I'll just assume the HR 4" will sound fine. I really want to go short! I put my stack inside a very tight CD player holder (with waistband) so long cords aren't working out. But of course I like better quality when I can get it like most people...

Hopefully not overthinking this small decision
600smile.gif

Jun 9, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #4 of 5
Nice hint, thanks! Yeah, the $10 shipping was bothering me.

Jun 9, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 5
FWIW I could hear the difference between the HeadRoom 12" cable from a couple years ago (the "HeadRoom Mini to Mini Cable" on the site now looks the same) and the 12" Cardas. The HR was OK, but I really did get a more detailed presentation through the Cardas.

YMMV, but I'd go with the Cardas for sound quality. Though I understand the appeal of a cable whose length is just right (and the HR cable is more flexible, too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back