6.3mm to 3.5mm adaptor
Jul 30, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neutrik NYS227 is what you really need. there is no cable connection to afffect the sound.

No good for portable though, you wind up with 4 inches of rigid plug putting stress on your jack. OK if it's coming straight out teh to of an ipod though I guess. Still will stress the jack a lot with any sideways force.

Jul 30, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No good for portable though, you wind up with 4 inches of rigid plug putting stress on your jack. OK if it's coming straight out teh to of an ipod though I guess. Still will stress the jack a lot with any sideways force.

My amp seats low enough, rest of cable is on the floor, there are not much weight, no problem so far.

Jul 30, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #19 of 24
It's not just the weight of the cable but the leverage that 4 inches of adapter and plug put on the jack. Not only is the adapter and plug heavy, but the lever multiplies that weight. If Neutrik adapters are anything like their plugs, they weigh a lot just by themselves.

Jul 30, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not just the weight of the cable but the leverage that 4 inches of adapter and plug put on the jack. Not only is the adapter and plug heavy, but the lever multiplies that weight. If Neutrik adapters are anything like their plugs, they weigh a lot just by themselves.

cut a woodblock at homedepot for $1.50, put under the adapter. I have Silver headphone cable, there this no reason for me to put a pice of copper in front of it. then i put gold or silver contact enhancer over the plugs. all things are good to go again.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #21 of 24
Does anyone know where I can get a 6.3mm to 3.5 mm adaptor, like the one that came with the HD 598's. I've been looking for a copy of the one that came with the HD 598's but I can't find it anywhere. Any help please. 

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:
Does anyone know where I can get a 6.3mm to 3.5 mm adaptor, like the one that came with the HD 598's. I've been looking for a copy of the one that came with the HD 598's but I can't find it anywhere. Any help please. 

The part number you want is : 094029 Sennheiserspares stock them.

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #24 of 24
Sorry to bring this page back up .but this is what a few people in the grado forums need, The headphones are coming out with mostly the larger 6.3mm end. And the grado adapter are about £16.... But the good quality sennheiser one only about £7. And are great for plugging into portable audio players , not to much stress. Grado are great , but very stiff for mp3 players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back