6.3mm to 3.5mm adaptor
Mar 25, 2008 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

stewart572

New Head-Fier
Dear Headfi-ers

I need to connect my Ergo 2 headphones with 6.3mm plug to my Pico. Can anyone suggest a good quality adaptor with a 6.3mm (1/4") socket and 3.5mm (1/8") plug? There are lots of cheapies but I'm concerned they'll degrade the sound.

Thanks

Stewart

Mar 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #5 of 24
I'll third the recommendation for the Grado adapter. It's got a very short length of cord, too, so it's flexible and doesn't put too much stress on your jack.

Mar 27, 2008 at 9:44 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll third the recommendation for the Grado adapter. It's got a very short length of cord, too, so it's flexible and doesn't put too much stress on your jack.

Same for the Sennheiser, it's very flexible.

Ko Nectic Jazz, you could get any of those adaptors and change/have it changed to RA (with a nice Neutrik RA). Small soldering job.

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #7 of 24
You're true. Now I found somebody who gently proposed me to build me one.
wink.gif

Lucky me.
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #8 of 24
I have both the Grado and Sennheiser adapters. I prefer the Sennheiser. Not only is it cheaper, but the 3.5mm plug is smaller diameter so fits better in tight spaces.

Mar 27, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #10 of 24
i bought the grado adapter from ttvj a few months ago. i dont know if they still have it but i used the "first time customer coupon code" thingy. the final price including shipping was $9.55.

Mar 27, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #11 of 24
Just FYI -- I am in the same boat and placed an order for a few of them from Sennheiser USA but they are back ordered as of a few days ago. So don't know when they will get here.

Wish someone would offer to build me one .... Actually I should use this as an excuse to go get that soldering station and get back into DIY.

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #12 of 24
Sorry to bump an old thread - I'm in dire need of the "grado-like" 6.3mm female - 3.5mm male connector with a short cable in between. I've been to 3 radio shacks, best buy, and even monoprice, but no one seems to carry anything like it. I'd like to spend no more than $10 shipped if possible - anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by anorphius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to bump an old thread - I'm in dire need of the "grado-like" 6.3mm female - 3.5mm male connector with a short cable in between. I've been to 3 radio shacks, best buy, and even monoprice, but no one seems to carry anything like it. I'd like to spend no more than $10 shipped if possible - anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

does sennheiser have them back in stock yet?

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #14 of 24
oops yeah - i totally missed the sennheiser link! Can't believe they're charging $8 to ship me a cable though...ouch!

Any free shipping codes/coupons/discounts out there? It says that any order of a "finished product" ships for free - what the heck does that mean? Is a cable not a finished product?

Jul 28, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #15 of 24
Go Grado, The sound is better to me IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back