6.3mm locked to 3.5mm adapter?
Aug 9, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 18
I need a locking ( screw on ) 6.5mm with a 3.5mm end

the screw on locking part is on the 6.5mm end, its a replacement for set of headphones. The plug on the set of headphones is a locking 6.5mm and needs a a 3.5mm to connect to it

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 18
Thanks for the update. I have not seen a screw on adapter going from 6.3 to 3.5 before. Only the other way around. Just for my own curiosity,,, What brand of Headphones?

I have one that is a 6.3 locking (not screw on) to 3.5 stereo rt angle Neutriks that I made but don't use much. I could let you have it for 20.00 plus shipping?

Like this but all black

http://www.westlake-electronic.com/i...0490/index.htm

about 4" end to end

Aug 9, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #5 of 18
Its for a shure 840

and it it doesnt screw on, but still click into place firmly I'll try to get it. Im not even sure its a 6.5mm anymore after digging. I'm looking at the picture of it going Whhaaaaa?

ty for the offer but I can get one for like.. $1.00
Buy Cheap 6.5mm 3.5mm Gold Audio Earphones Adapter Converter, Audio Adapter, Audio Converter
but that might not work, it might NEED to be screwed on, so we'll see about that.

But like i said im looking at the shure and it REALLY doesnt look anything like a 6.5mm, I could have sworn there was a thread here that stated it was a locked 6.5mm to a 3.5mm, *confused look

Aug 9, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by labrat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check Quables.com:

Qables.com*»*WHAT'S NEW

6.5 mm threaded adapter:

Qables | High Quality Custom Made Qables

3.5 mm threaded plug:

Qables | High Quality Custom Made Qables

Now you only need a cover for the 3.5 mm, but a recommendation is to use heat-shrink or a handle of the Neutrik mini.

This was what you were looking for?

I think the OP's only missing the threaded adapter. I have made a cable from these parts and it's quite difficult. The 3.5 takes some Dremeling and soldering experise.

Aug 9, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #10 of 18
When he clarified the headphone he was using, it was clear that he needed a screw on 3.5 to 6.3..adapter for his Shure 840's. Am I incorrect on that evaluation?.. Also the 3.5 threaded stereo plug from Qables requires that the ring just below the threads be filed a mm of two smaller to allow the body of the plug to fit into the headphone jack located on the headphone end. If it is not filed even just heatshrink will increase the diameter enough to block the plug from seating properly. (I am reffering to a cable I made for my Ultra pro900's)

Hans was quite helpful in his email intructions

Aug 10, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #15 of 18
Ya this seems to be a task and a half. I've been digging all day and I thought i am the only person on earth who wants it done this way.

just to clearify:Whatever end of the cable sticks into the headphones is the adapter I want and need. Here is a picture of it from an older thread about the 840s.

I would like someone to just confirm what jack it really is because I am getting some serious mixed reviews, lol. It looks like a 2.5mm ( connector to the headphones ) with a 3.5mm end. But it was deceptive because you'd think the FATTER end would plug into the cans, but I'm told they dont. I need someone to confirm what both ends are and that you dont need a screw on, just any old 2.5 to 3.5 just like the link showed above. I think a typical 2.5mm with a 3.5mm female end would work just fine. Then I can buy a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable that is like 5-6ft and be set. I'll have to call Shure and ask if nobody else has the set and can test a 2.5 to 3.5 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back