6/22/13 Denver Colorado Summer Meet
Apr 7, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #16 of 91
Quote:

Paid raffle tickets aren't legal in Colorado unless the money is donated to charity, as in a non-profit.

Didn't realize this since I am not familiar with Colorado law on raffle tickets (now I am!). Guess I'll be learning a lot about nuances in the the state law there when my family and I move at the end of the year. Anything else different than California law I should know about? 
size]

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #17 of 91
Quote:
Didn't realize this since I am not familiar with Colorado law on raffle tickets (now I am!). Guess I'll be learning a lot about nuances in the the state law there when my family and I move at the end of the year. Anything else different than California law I should know about? 
size]

Since I used to live in NorCal myself (Silicon Valley), the first thing that comes to mind is the U-turn law.
wink.gif
U-turns are never allowed in CO unless there's a sign that specifically allows it. You also need to always drive in the right lane of a four-lane road except when passing - the police tend to enforce that especially strictly.

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #18 of 91
Good to know. What's the best audio shops in Denver for head-fiers as well as audiophools? Ones where they don't BS or pressure you much.

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #19 of 91
Can't really answer that, as I'm not familiar with the audio stores in Denver. I live a little too far away from Denver to know much about the stores there. I did like Audio Unlimited while it was open though and stopped by there a few times (it closed due to the owner passing away). Though I haven't been there yet, I'd be inclined to stop by Apex Audio Denver, since it's being run by someone who previously worked for Audio Unlimited (so it's sort of a "phoenix from the ashes" turn of events): http://www.apexaudiodenver.com/

You'll be in Colorado right in time for the upcoming 2013 RMAF (and CanJam@RMAF) in October though, which is way better than any audio store.
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #20 of 91
There's a new audio shop in Boulder who might be interested in being involved. Here's a link to an article about them with contact info - http://audiophilereview.com/audiophile-news/a-new-audio-store-opens-in-boulder-colorado.html

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #21 of 91
Probably I'm in too if nothing major happened. It's to early to say definitely. I switch to speakers but still have my gear. I'll bring in netbook with m2tech hiface ( or squeezebox touch) , buffalo 2 dac, PPAv2, HD650. I've got a few DIY amps available on request if anybody interested to listen to and dt990, dt770.
Vlad

Apr 13, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #22 of 91
Awesome! Oct will be great timing for CanJam & RMAF. Didn't realize I'd be there when it happened (always assumed it was several months earlier). 

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #23 of 91
Ill be there!

Gear I plan on bringing.

Senn HD 650
Senn 598
Beyerdynamic 880
Shure SRH-940
AKG-701
Ultrasone-900
Fostex TRP50

CEntrance DACmini
Fiio E17
Some home made stuff =)

May 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #26 of 91
Westone is now officially in and will bring the following products:

UM1
UM2RC
UM3XRC
W1
W2
W3
W4R
Adventure Series - Mic capability (new product for 2013!)
ES5 universal demo

Any interest for an audiologist? Westone might be able to have someone there for ear impressions as well.

May 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #28 of 91
I think I will be attending! I could bring my LCD-2 rev. 3/Matrix M-Stage/Audinst HUD-mx1 stack but considering the list of far better equipment I'm not sure. What do all of you want? If you'd like to hear my rig I will bring it along.

May 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #29 of 91
I think I will be attending! I could bring my LCD-2 rev. 3/Matrix M-Stage/Audinst HUD-mx1 stack but considering the list of far better equipment I'm not sure. What do all of you want? If you'd like to hear my rig I will bring it along.

That's got me wondering too since all my stuff except vintage integrated amps is pretty pedestrian.

May 21, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #30 of 91
Quote:

Sure, why not bring it? The meet would be pretty boring if only a few people had all of the setups. Plus mid-level gear always has an audience at meets too, not just the higher-end stuff. It's not like meets are or should be a competition.
wink.gif

I just added HeadAmp's equipment list btw, and have added the MrSpeakers Mad Dog to mine.

Btw, if there are any specific equipment requests from other manufacturers not in Colorado, let me know (via PM or in this thread). I could try to maybe acquire a request for the meet (but no guarantees).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back