6/22/13 Denver Colorado Summer Meet
Jun 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #46 of 91
I live in Denver and would like to attend - Saturday is no problem.

I could bring anything on this list someone might wish to audition or buy..

Beyerdynamic DT880 (250 ohm)
Dr. Dre Studio
Dr. Dre Wireless
Dr. Dre Pro
Grado Sr60i
Grado RS2i
Hifiman HE-500 (with Cardas cables which cost more than the cans)
Hifiman HE-400
Sol Republic Deadmau5

EVERYTHING BUT HIFIMAN AND RS2i - ARE FOR SALE (CHEAP) - and NEVER USED MORE THAN 1 OR 2 TIMES

Audio Engine D1
Audio Engine DR (wireless)
Centrance Hif-M8 (oh, that's right, Michael Goodman hasn't sent it yet)
Headroom Total Bithead
Headroom Micro Amp and DAC
Ray Samuels Predator
Schitt Bifrost and Lyr

EVERYTHING BUT SCHITT BIFROST AND LYR ARE FOR SALE (CHEAP !) nd NEVER USED MORE THAN 1 OR 2 TIMES

Jun 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #47 of 91
Attendee list updated again to post #46.

Quote:
Do you have any space left? Put me down as a maybe.

Plenty of space left, hope you can make it.

Quote:
Hi everyone, I'm beginning audiophile headphone expert in CO, this event is really impressive to me. I highly want to attend an event.

All you need to do is show up next Saturday, see you there!

Quote:
I could bring anything on this list someone might wish to audition or buy..

If you have a complete system that you can set up, I'd recommend that instead of bringing only headphones & amps. Generally makes it easier for folks to sit down and listen to your gear.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #49 of 91
Quote:
Are we supposed "reserve" space if we're bringing equipment?

Nope, that's sort of what I'm doing as people list gear. Not counting MOTs there are 10 tables for member gear, with half of each table per person except for HPA who'll get a full table, translating to space for 17 member setups (not counting mine and HPA's). Once table space is fully allocated, no more member gear will be allowed, though more people can certainly sign up for the meet.

At the meet you'll be able to pick any open table space of your choosing. Table locations will be essentially on a first-come first-served basis for the 17 allowed member setups.

Btw I wanted to hear the Audio-Technica AD2KX myself so I ordered one today. Hopefully it arrives in time for the meet.

Jun 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #51 of 91
^ Thanks Justin, and I just updated post #1 with a note about the auction that will now be held at the meet. Westone also just notified me today that they'll be bringing two pairs of their brand-new Adventure Series IEM which will also be auctioned off! Anyone who wants to go home with a new set of Westone or HiFiMan IEMs should bring plenty of spare cash!
wink.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #52 of 91
Hey Asr, count me in!

It's been a while since our last meet and I very much enjoyed meeting everyone and trying out all the great gear back in 2010.

I'll be bringing the following to the meet:

HD650 - Custom Headphile Elite
UltraFi DAC 41 and UltraFi Aubisque USB Cable
MHDT Havana DAC
MHDT Paradisea 3 DAC
Darkvoice 336se Amp
Qinpu A-6000MKII (Maybe)
Creative Labs Zen Touch 4G (32G SDHC)
FiiO E6
and plenty of tubes! :)

My only source is still my desktop computer, so I'm going to need half a table.

JmanOfIsrael, I hope your able to bring the Bottlehead Crack with you; I've been wanting to hear one (and build one!) for years after reading all the rave reviews online (esp. with the HD650s).  Are you building it with the Speedball upgrade by chance?

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #53 of 91
Quote:
^ Thanks Justin, and I just updated post #1 with a note about the auction that will now be held at the meet. Westone also just notified me today that they'll be bringing two pairs of their brand-new Adventure Series IEM which will also be auctioned off! Anyone who wants to go home with a new set of Westone or HiFiMan IEMs should bring plenty of spare cash!
wink.gif

at the NY meet auctions, things typically go for about 50% of retail price...so come prepared

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jun 12, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #54 of 91
Phenomenal event that I wished it should have been held sooner. Getting a chance to listen and buy a new audiophile pair is my dream, such as HD600, AKG Q701, DT 880, Fischer Audio FA-003 or AKG Q702 65th Anniversary Edition. Hopefully my wallet will not be burnt ^^. Time to save money everyone @@............(I wish I could win the lottery ^!^)

Jun 12, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #55 of 91
Extremely tempting as Ive always hoped someone would host a meet near where I live. If it werent for the fact that my family is having me a graduation party on the 23rd I would probably attend, that and its a 3-4 hour drive both ways.

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #56 of 91
Nope, that's sort of what I'm doing as people list gear. Not counting MOTs there are 10 tables for member gear, with half of each table per person except for HPA who'll get a full table, translating to space for 17 member setups (not counting mine and HPA's). Once table space is fully allocated, no more member gear will be allowed, though more people can certainly sign up for the meet.

At the meet you'll be able to pick any open table space of your choosing. Table locations will be essentially on a first-come first-served basis for the 17 allowed member setups.

Btw I wanted to hear the Audio-Technica AD2KX myself so I ordered one today. Hopefully it arrives in time for the meet.

Awesome! Now I have to come. Thanks for doing that. As far as bringing gear, I wouldn't mind except mine is so meager, I'm not sure anyone would care:

AD900X
ESW9

Pico DAC/amp
Cambridge DacMagic
Lexicon Omega
Pioneer A60

Asus laptop (JRiver MC18)
iPhone 4S
iPod nano

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #57 of 91
Quote:
Awesome! Now I have to come. Thanks for doing that. As far as bringing gear, I wouldn't mind except mine is so meager, I'm not sure anyone would care:

AD900X
ESW9

Ok I'm going to be completely serious here for a moment. (Because here's a true statistic: I'm rarely 100% serious on Head-Fi. Even my posts which might look serious aren't usually intended that way!)

Everyone at a meet has something to share, even if they don't think they do. Regardless of what they own, whether expensive or inexpensive. The idea that anyone's gear is somehow less than someone else's gear should be thrown out the window. Everyone owns what they do obviously because they like it. Head-Fi meets seriously should not be considered as competitions of any sort that are about who owns the best & most expensive gear. That's not what they're about - meets are about sharing what you own, the music you listen to, meeting your fellow Head-Fiers, developing camaraderie with them and maybe even forming potential new friendships, and just having fun & enjoying the day.

Absolutely no one should feel that their gear is something not worth sharing. We're all on the same playing field, and if you're proud of what you own, then bring it to show it off! No one will be accusing you of anything about your gear (and if someone does, feel free to kindly tell him where to go), but everyone will be grateful for the variety of gear at the meet. The mid-level systems help provide more affordable frames of reference against usually out-of-reach-expensive higher-level systems, and always have an audience at every meet.

The AD900X in your case is actually one of the most-talked-about headphones on Head-Fi right now. I see that model mentioned more than any other in the Audio-Technica "X" thread in the main Headphones forum. If you brought it, it would definitely add to the meet. There's nothing meager about it, it's one of the most sought-after headphones on Head-Fi right now if the posts are any indication!

And having your own gear at the meet will help you too. How are you going to compare the other gear at the meet to your own without having it available at the same time?

I genuinely hope that my post has persuaded you (and anyone else) to bring your gear.
smile.gif

Quote:
Extremely tempting as Ive always hoped someone would host a meet near where I live. If it werent for the fact that my family is having me a graduation party on the 23rd I would probably attend, that and its a 3-4 hour drive both ways.

It'd be a 3-4 hour drive for you? Honest question: Do you live in the mountains or a different state? Even if you can only make it for part of the meet, I highly recommend the trip. Another meet like this one won't be occurring again in the area for a while (not until next year at least). Even though CanJam@RMAF in October will have way more gear (specifically vendor gear), that event is very commercialized and isn't a meet.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #58 of 91
Bringing my own CDs will not be a problem, but thank you for the offer. 

So if no one is very interested in it I will not bring the AD1000 as I do not listen to it so much and it not the easiest to move about, compared to some of my other headphones which come with cases. Although let me know if someone does want to hear the AD1000.

I'm kind of hooked on the AD series at this point so would love to hear an Ad1000 to compare to my AD900X if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #59 of 91
Ok I'm going to be completely serious here for a moment. (Because here's a true statistic: I'm rarely 100% serious on Head-Fi. Even my posts which might look serious aren't usually intended that way!)

Everyone at a meet has something to share, even if they don't think they do. Regardless of what they own, whether expensive or inexpensive. The idea that anyone's gear is somehow less than someone else's gear should be thrown out the window. Everyone owns what they do obviously because they like it. Head-Fi meets seriously should not be considered as competitions of any sort that are about who owns the best & most expensive gear. That's not what they're about - meets are about sharing what you own, the music you listen to, meeting your fellow Head-Fiers, developing camaraderie with them and maybe even forming potential new friendships, and just having fun & enjoying the day.

Absolutely no one should feel that their gear is something not worth sharing. We're all on the same playing field, and if you're proud of what you own, then bring it to show it off! No one will be accusing you of anything about your gear (and if someone does, feel free to kindly tell him where to go), but everyone will be grateful for the variety of gear at the meet. The mid-level systems help provide more affordable frames of reference against usually out-of-reach-expensive higher-level systems, and always have an audience at every meet.

The AD900X in your case is actually one of the most-talked-about headphones on Head-Fi right now. I see that model mentioned more than any other in the Audio-Technica "X" thread in the main Headphones forum. If you brought it, it would definitely add to the meet. There's nothing meager about it, it's one of the most sought-after headphones on Head-Fi right now if the posts are any indication!

And having your own gear at the meet will help you too. How are you going to compare the other gear at the meet to your own without having it available at the same time?

I genuinely hope that my post has persuaded you (and anyone else) to bring your gear. :smile:

Thanks so much! It definitely did convince me and thank you for that. I know my gear sounds better than that most people have yet it's dwarfed by much of the gear listed. So thank you for the encouragement.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #60 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

X2, it's not about your gear you bring, it's about "you" you bring :D 

Wish I could make it down for this! But I'll be out of town...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back