5th Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, December 3rd, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #46 of 63

Thanks for the tip about the park, I'll search around that area. One last thing: Is there a toll to drive over the Coronado bridge?

No more toll. There used to be a long time ago, but not any more. Tolls ended in 2002. The toll booths are still there, but just drive through.

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #48 of 63
  Parking is not bad at all. I guess the earlier the better, but if there's nothing going on in the park across the street, there's usually lots of parking around the park. Hope you can make it.

I had no trouble at all finding street parking at this location when I came to the meet 2 years ago.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Dec 2, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #50 of 63
I should be there. Im going to be a little late but should make it there..

I should have these equipments with me.

Oppo PM-1
Oppo PM-3
Audeze EL-8 (open)
Philips Fidelio X-2

Amps (portable)
Dragonfly v2
Oppo HA-2

Source
Macbook pro
Onkyo DP-X1
Lg v20

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #51 of 63
I should be there. Im going to be a little late but should make it there..

I should have these equipments with me.

Oppo PM-1
Oppo PM-3
Audeze EL-8 (open)
Philips Fidelio X-2

Amps (portable)
Dragonfly v2
Oppo HA-2

Source
Macbook pro
Onkyo DP-X1
Lg v20

Awesome! Glad you're able to make it. It's OK if you don't get there until later. Looking forward to seeing you again.
-Darin

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #52 of 63
FYI, I just received the entire line of Noble universal IEM's including their new K10 Encore flagship and the Sage. (You are in for a treat. The Encore's are amazing!)
Although Branna from Noble will probably not be at the meet, I will have all his demos available at the meet.

If you are interested in trying the IEM's, I have a bunch of Noble red silicone tips, but I would recommend bringing your own preferred tips. For me, the red silicone tips don't work in my ears. Getting a really good seal is of utmost importance otherwise you are not hearing them IEM's how they are supposed to sound.

See you tomorrow,
-Darin

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #53 of 63
Hi everyone,

Looking forward to tomorrow's meet.

If anyone wants to get there by 10am and help me setup the tables and chairs, that would be great. Otherwise, I'll do what I can and just let people setup their own table when they get there.

The tables are folded up in the closet there and pretty easy to setup.

Also, there is power around the perimeter of the room, but bring extension cords and power strips to reach the center of the room.

I ordered some pizza's and am bringing sodas and water and a few cookies. There should be enough for everyone. But if you want to bring any snacks, etc. feel free.

Thanks, see you all tomorrow.

-Darin

Dec 3, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #55 of 63
Great meet! It was fun hanging out with everyone and trying out all the cool gear (That Eddie Current 445 was wow). Props to Darin for setting the event up and for printing out the noble IEM sheet so we could identify which noble iem was which. (And for the pizza <3)

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #56 of 63
Yeah, that meet was amazing! Totally worth the 4 hours of driving I did today! Thanks a ton Darin! And thanks for the rundown on those amps Yeskey.

As far as personal highlights go, I was very impressed with the SR-009 (of course) and R70X.

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #57 of 63
What a great meet! It was small, as I suspected, but still a great time, great people, and some great gear. There always seems to be something that I've always wanted to hear, even at a small meet. 

I just wanted to thank everyone that came by and especially to the people who brought their gear. 

Here's the obligatory timelapse of the whole meet:

I didn't shoot many photos, but here's a few quick snaps:

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #59 of 63
I got overwhelmed yesterday and totally forgot about the meet. Sorry I missed out guys :frowning2: Next meet that comes up in LA or CamJam I will try to be a part of a member's showcase and I will bring my girlfriend too :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back