5th Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, December 3rd, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #17 of 63
  I'll be there Darin.  Looking forward to meeting folks in person!

Hello to everyone! I'm interested in coming. Not sure if I can bring any gear though.

Happy to have you come to the meet. Bringing gear is not required. But it can be helpful to bring a flash memory stick or hard drive with content you are familiar with.

There is fee WiFi, so some people might have Tidal as a source. 

First post updated.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

-Darin

Nov 10, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #18 of 63
I will be there again this year!! I think that is three San Diego meets in a row now for me??

Anyways, I stopped listening to headphones as much as I used to. I just got an old Adcom GFA-555 (Nelson Pass designed) and paired it up to some Ascend Sierra 2's and I have finally found a pairing that delivers the goods.

I will bring a BH Crack, EAD CD-1000 Series III, and HD600s. No Theta DAC this year though. I have that one hooked up to my stereo system.

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #19 of 63
  I will be there again this year!! I think that is three San Diego meets in a row now for me??

Anyways, I stopped listening to headphones as much as I used to. I just got an old Adcom GFA-555 (Nelson Pass designed) and paired it up to some Ascend Sierra 2's and I have finally found a pairing that delivers the goods.

I will bring a BH Crack, EAD CD-1000 Series III, and HD600s. No Theta DAC this year though. I have that one hooked up to my stereo system.

Cool. Nice system. I like the speakers.
Thanks for RSVPing. List on the first post updated.
-Darin

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #20 of 63
Alright, update on the gear I can bring if I can fit it all in one go:

Schiit Bimby, wyrd, jotunheim, hd650 and zmf omni of course, odac/o2, G1217 project polaris, and a random assortment of headphones. Should I bring my own power strip?

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #21 of 63

Schiit Bimby, wyrd, jotunheim, hd650 and zmf omni of course, odac/o2, G1217 project polaris, and a random assortment of headphones. Should I bring my own power strip?

That's a lot of nice gear. Looking forward to hearing the Omni's.

Yes, please bring power strips and extensions cords. The power outlets are along the edge of the room, but can be far from some tables. There are some extension cords in the room already but bring one if you have it.

I updated the first post with your gear.

Thanks!
-Darin

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #22 of 63

I can bring my Jotunheim if you want to leave room for some other goodies

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #23 of 63
I plan on coming, but I may have to crap out at the last second depending on school projects.

If I make it, here's what I plan on bringing:
AKG K240 Studio
AKG K701
Audio Technica AD900X (This one is a maybe)
Beyerdynamic DT770 (250 Ohms)
O2/ODAC

Nov 13, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #24 of 63
  I plan on coming, but I may have to crap out at the last second depending on school projects.

If I make it, here's what I plan on bringing:
AKG K240 Studio
AKG K701
Audio Technica AD900X (This one is a maybe)
Beyerdynamic DT770 (250 Ohms)
O2/ODAC

Thanks for posting. No worries either way. Just show up if you can.
-Darin

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #25 of 63
Nov 19, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #27 of 63
  Darinf,

Just read your other thread on the Monoprice. Interesting.

Yes, they're definitely worth hearing especially since they will be broken in by then. They are changing a LOT only after a few hours. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #29 of 63
  Hey darinf, unfortunately I can no longer make this event :frowning2:. Hopefully I can make it next year.

No worries. Thanks for letting me know. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #30 of 63
Hi everyone,

Still waiting to confirm, but I should have most of the Noble line of IEM's at the meet. Brannan from Noble may also be at the meet. 

I am hoping he will sending me a pair of the new Encore Sage models for demo.
I'll update you when I hear for sure.

-Darin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back