5g Ipod users CAUTION
Jan 25, 2006 at 10:17 AM Post #76 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex paik
i went to my local radioshack to check and see if my 5g may be bad or something.. well, the multimeter they had there had either Volts or mA.. so i tried mA and it showed .4 from tip to center ring and 1.0-1.2 from tip to inner ring.. is that bad or was i just checking the totally wrong thing?

i just dont want to end up messing up my new headphones..

Am I having Deja Vu all over again, or did I just answer this question?
confused.gif

Those readings should've been in millivolts (mV), if it's Volt's, unplug those headphones, STAT!

-Ed

Jan 25, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #78 of 81
It might be the earbuds however. The right bud is mirror image the left so that mean that a different machines assemble seperatly. The flaw may exist in the assembly prosses. Hopefully at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Medeski
Someone on the other forum, reported that its due to eletrical shock when you pull off you headphones. This would obviously only pertain to earbuds then, and also seems like something based on model. Definetly need to see the followup.

But on the other hand there were a couple post that had third party headphones that also went bad in the right channel as well. One was a pair of etymotics....

Feb 17, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #80 of 81
I took my 5g ipod (obtained a week ago) and measured 1.6mV on left (tip to ground ring) and 1.4mV on right (center ring to ground ring).

I still think we need as many people as possible who have actually had their right headphone go out because of the ipod (and preferrably someone with broken headphones other than the el-cheapo ipod earbuds) measure their DC offset and get a statistical count going.

I'm sure if I had started a "My ipod destroyed my left earphone" thread first it would have caused the same speculative unfounded panic. Get some data before you panic, people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back