595s and bass
Feb 12, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by P.J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
650 + AMP = $
blink.gif
$

I've no problem with my 595s, i just think they become stronger.

I also have no problem with bass on the 595. I recently got another pair to compare to the old pair and they are not that different after burn in imo. Even with an Ipod, going via a Pocket Amp, they sound pretty punchy to me. Like the HD600 and 650, I think that the 595 really opens up a lot at louder volumes.

It has less of a 'boom' sound in comparison to the 650 in the bass region but it has attack - especially with a good amp behind it. The strange thing is that I was not that keen on them when I first got them, but they've grown on me a lot and I use them a lot nowadays

Ian

Feb 12, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was in the same boat. Got rid of the HD595s, bought the HD650s...couldn't be happier.

Me too. 650 takes everything the 595 does, and does it BETTER. (when properly amped of course)

Feb 12, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #18 of 35
You have the bass boosted by 9 dB and you still think they are lean on bass?!
blink.gif

Either there's something wrong with your equipment or you have become used to an insane level of bass.
basshead.gif

I only have 60 and 170 Hz slightly boosted running directly from my Prodigy.
When I stick these cans in my Kenwood amplifier, the bass is actually very prominent, even more than I ideally like.

Do you have any other sources or headphones to compare?

Feb 12, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

After burn-in, I think my 595s don't drive at high volume of bass
blink.gif

whoa, be very, very, very carful with the 595s at highend bass. The tend to make a really nasty noise (like clippiing, but it isnt). If you run into the problem, dont turn them up to high volumes.

Feb 12, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by NtD Gr3nade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whoa, be very, very, very carful with the 595s at highend bass. The tend to make a really nasty noise (like clippiing, but it isnt). If you run into the problem, dont turn them up to high volumes.

blink.gif

Disagreed. Hd595 can drive deep bass without any problem and it can go deep, trust me. However, the impact and its presence are more subtle. Bass boost tends to make the sound more muffled (louder/stronger but not necessarily deeper/more impactful). I'd say the HD595 carries a sound somewhere between the traditional Sennheiser "veil" and the forward Grado signature.

Feb 13, 2007 at 10:26 AM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Do 595s have veil ?

If by veil you mean that dip in the uppermid frequency range, yes. Very audible for me in the very moment I first heard HD595.

Feb 13, 2007 at 12:15 PM Post #23 of 35
I have no problem with the bass in the HD595s, just about perfect imo, it might be a tiny bit overwhelming even. But to each his own. No veil for me.

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razoramus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no problem with the bass in the HD595s, just about perfect imo, it might be a tiny bit overwhelming even. But to each his own. No veil for me.

2nd. It's overwelming for me too. But it's great for movies. =T

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razoramus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no problem with the bass in the HD595s, just about perfect imo.

Me too, but they don't shake (maybe ~%25, but before burn-in: ~%50 @ medium bass/volume)
confused.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #27 of 35
No, relatively speaking, the HD595 doesnt have much 'veil'. The sound is much forward and mids give you a more close and intimate feeling comparing to hd580 and hd600. And yes, there is definitely bass.

Aug 15, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by NtD Gr3nade /img/forum/go_quote.gif

if it's not clipping then they are ruined aren't they?

Aug 16, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #30 of 35
The HD595 isn't what I would call "lacking" bass...I just didn't find the bass to be impactful. Not really crisp and extended enough for what I was looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back