5800 with IE8?
Aug 27, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #16 of 28
Output volume from my 5800 quite powerful, comparable to Sony S639F. But higher output volume doesnt meant better driving capabilities. I still using my phone as main player..

Aug 28, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #18 of 28
I think the 5800 is great as an MP3 player... Its not quite as good as my Sony A818 but its not far off and tend to grab the 5800 more offen.

I use mine with a sony bluetooth adaptor and EX85.

I perfer the sound with the Sony bluetooth adaptor... sure at low volumes I sometimes hear a bit of noise or compression but this is very minor... however the inbuilt amp is very powerfull and sometimes have to have the 5800 set at the lowest volume setting or I will be deffened. With the sony BT there seems more treble bite and punch to the sound.... it does kinda give that sony sound to the nokia
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #19 of 28
I really like the SQ from the 5800 (and N97, which I consider the same). What kills it, for me, is the stupid volume control, with only 10 step, from zero to full blast. I want to listen between step 9 and 10, but it aint possible :frowning2:

Now I have bought an Sony X, for my music, and enjoy it to the fullest!

Sep 10, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like the SQ from the 5800 (and N97, which I consider the same). What kills it, for me, is the stupid volume control, with only 10 step, from zero to full blast. I want to listen between step 9 and 10, but it aint possible :frowning2:

Now I have bought an Sony X, for my music, and enjoy it to the fullest!

I feel your pain. with um3X paired with 5800XM, even the minimum volume is a little too loud for NYC street
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by winwin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually crank mine up to 9...

what earphone you use ?

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #24 of 28
hi guys.. using 5800 too, and loving it..

can you please share your settings for the equaliser and the "settings" part in the music player that would produce the best sound with my senn cx500 w/ fiio e5(w/ bass booster turned on)?? BTW, i hope you guys are bassheads too XD

BTW, when i connect the headset, i make sure i choose line-out rather than headphone.. i believe it produces better sound quality..

right now, i edited the bass booster equalizer so it would sound good with the "loudness" and the "stereo widening" both turned off..

or are you guys using other mp3 apps that produces better sound?

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #25 of 28

Quote:
I had the 5800 for three months, now I have the N97. They both sound the same (great), with ear phones.

I didn't have the IE8, when I had the 5800, but IE8 sounds really great with the N97, and are easy to drive. I'm sure they do to, with the 5800.

The Nokia 5800's SQ is way better than the N97 with headphones however, can't imagine that there is no difference with earphones
confused_face.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #26 of 28
If the volume on the 5800 is not loud enough for you, next time select not headphones but line out! Be careful, this can get really loud but works great if you need more volume. I find the SQ of the Nokia 5800 quite good for a phone but significantly worse than both my Sony A828 and Sony X.  Lets put it this way; yes i think it's a good upgrade, especially if you like to use your phone as mp3 player, but I don't think you get everything out of the IE8's.

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #27 of 28

Quote:
If the volume on the 5800 is not loud enough for you, next time select not headphones but line out! Be careful, this can get really loud but works great if you need more volume. I find the SQ of the Nokia 5800 quite good for a phone but significantly worse than both my Sony A828 and Sony X.  Lets put it this way; yes i think it's a good upgrade, especially if you like to use your phone as mp3 player, but I don't think you get everything out of the IE8's.

I disagree on the line out part. Both HO and LO are (about) equaly loud at the highest volume level only at lesser volume levels the LO is louder. Moreover the LO sounds way worse than the HO so don't put it in LO mode.

Oct 13, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #28 of 28
I have 5800 its SQ is much better than most cellphones(to be honest haven't saw better) I see it better for vocals,blues,country,...  I don't think still cellphones can be compared with music players I barely use my 5800 mostly fuze & D2+.if you want to upgrade buy a decent player that can be good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back