555's or 595's Comparison?
Feb 28, 2010 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

CronosX9x9X

Head-Fier
confused_face.gif
Hi I have posted other threads regarding some info upon the 55's but this is a direct thread on the comparison on them I'm asking for some help on whether to go for the cheaper 555's or the 100$ more 595's is the 100$ more gonna achieve noticable quality over the cheaper 555's?. Need some good opinions I have some sennheiser 438's and am dissapointed in their quality and would like to get a better soundstage and louder tolerance to high volume I could care less about bass I just want an totally immersive experience like the sides go 180 degrees of sound insted of 90 but wishful thinking is hope for man so If you can help I'd be grateful.
L3000.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 24
angry_face.gif
The one thing I want comes with consequences Open headphones sound the best but let everyone listen in on yer music ugh I listen to them mostly on my mp3 p[layer and heard great things about the 555's but the drawback as stated makes me think lol do i get dampened sound via closed headphones or do I get great sound and have everybody uncomfortable well seriously I don't care what others think but If they sound leak as much asI think most people will tap me or tell me to shut those damn things off which I hate. So what to do 555's = great quality or 448's for better soundstage but dampened sound and loss of quality that's essetial to my listening hmmmm.

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #5 of 24
HD555 only good for movies/games apparently.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't say ONLY. I've had mine for a week and I've used them for movies, music, gaming. And they do not fail.

Every genre of music I threw at it, was handled brilliantly. I'm posting my full review soon - but honestly I would recommend them. They are very isolating, but they do leak sound. So if your going to be using them where there are other people around you - it wouldn't work too well.
Also, the cable is like 10 foot long or something, and it has a 1/4th to 3.5 adapter, meaning there is like 2 inches sticking out of your device. Portable use - these are not ideal.

Feb 28, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #8 of 24
Did someone call? I was just having a little nap.
smily_headphones1.gif

Now....of course both phones will leak outrageously, so if that's a deal breaker forget them and get something else. Otherwise my opinion is that there's not a lot of difference between them (and I listen to classical, which is the most critical genre)--they're both brilliant but the 555 is the better value unless you're hyper-critical. Plus of course there's the "foam mod" for the 555 (do a search), which theoretically brings it up to 595 standard. I doubt if you'd be disappointed in either phone if you're interested in an honest, open, neutral sound.

Feb 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #9 of 24
Just get 555s and remove the foam behind the driver. No point paying a heap extra for a pretty chrome ring and some fake leather.

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe you should refrain from giving BS advice based on "apparently"s. HD555 handles music just as well, and has a great soundstage for it too. They're not as good for rock and metal as Grado's (what is?) but they're excellent for electronic

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #11 of 24
I've read that the driver inside the 555's is the same as the driver inside the 595, and that the only real difference is that piece of foam inside the 555's.

I own the 555's, and they are an excellent value for the price. If your ears aren't enormous (like mine are) they are probably the most comfortable headphones you can buy, with velor-esque material everywhere they touch your head. Even with my big ears, they are still comfortable for up to a couple of hours before I'd have to take a break. I don't use them much anymore, since I have superior headphones, but they were a great entry level phone.

Honestly, if you think you'll upgrade sometime soon, don't get the 555's though. There is no upgrade path for them, because they don't really benefit from an amplifier (in my experience anyway). If you're like me, you'll quickly be on your way to bigger and better headphones.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #12 of 24
I like the HD555 for gaming and movies. If I listen to music through them, they have to be eq'ed quite a bit.

Feb 28, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #13 of 24
Thanks so much for the replys everyone I agree with you guys on if I use them for portable use mostly I should not get these cause the whole world will hear my music and the cord and adapter are monsterous.

I have been doing more research and found that what I want is not possiable yet meaning I want surround sound 5.1 quality type like I got at home via X-fi Platinum and 5.1 Logitech 300$ at the time speakers. So I guess I'll just settle for less and get something entirly differant I mean paying 80-100$ I should get a atleast suprising differnace between that and my noise canceling sony headphones I got for 24$ online. I open to suggestions though I heard alot of grado praising are those able to be closed? or they all open too?. Also I heard the Sennheiser HD280 and 3something closed headphones were really good but are they better than the HD448's? sorry about all the questions but that's what a thread is for thanks again.

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palpatine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the HD555 for gaming and movies. If I listen to music through them, they have to be eq'ed quite a bit.

Could you expand on that a little, Dark Lord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back