555's or 595's Comparison?
Mar 1, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by CronosX9x9X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
L3000.gif
I found some cans that might fit they are the Shure SRH 440 they look good and need no amp but i have an amp anyways any opinions?.

I had the 840 which aren't that different from the 440. The Shures offer good isolation. Sound wise, they are balanced for closed headphones and manage to do well with a fair few genres. The sound stage is good for a closed phone but. .. . it's closed and many open phones beat them.

Mar 1, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #17 of 24
Srh440 sound pretty good even without an amp (directly through iPhone). My only personal drawback on them is that they were somewhat uncomfortable for me - like clamping on my head somewhat.

The HD448 are awesome though. I do not own them, I have only auditioned them, and they were extremely comfortable and for the price sounded pretty good (especially for closed). Probably good for portable use.

Mar 2, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #18 of 24
hmmmmmm yeah I was thinking about udgrading to the hd448's or something worth while but I guess I won't find anything good unless I shell out the cash hich i'm not trying to do I'm just gonna stay with my sony's or get the Koss porta pros I had some like 6 years ago and they sounded great.

Mar 2, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #19 of 24
HD595 imo is good for airy music like Classical or stuff from Evanescence. As well as gaming. I won't say its good for movies cause I need the lower end for the type of movies I enjoy (brainless violence).

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #20 of 24
I have decided to upgrade to the HD448's cause I listen to mostly portable players and lil bit at home I have the 438's and would like the lifelike audio they seem to be boasting about plus they look better I think they have a better soundstage the 438's seem to have a very punchy quality that shocks and hurts my ears when I want to listen to loud music and thats why I want to upgrade to get the best sound outta the series but heard that all of them concern differant types of music like the 438's are geared toward bass so rock and r&b which I listened to mostly and 448's are marked towards classical and other more warm genres but I don't really believe they are geared toward it but reccomend it I don't know about the 428's but who cares about them lol anyways anyone have any comments or insight about this and think I should just stay with my 438;s go ahead I'll be reading up more upon the subject and see if I can make a good review later Much much later .

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by pp312 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you expand on that a little, Dark Lord?

I just meant that out of iTunes equalizer settings, or out of a receiver with bass and treble adjustments I can adjust these phones for nice sound. Listening to music with them with out these adjustments doesn't do it for me.

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #22 of 24
I will be trying one more thing before I let go of the 438's I haven't really burned them in so I will be looking for a pink noise track to continuously play til i get to 90-100 hours of burn in and see if there is any drastic changes that would make me keep these.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back