500$ to spend, what headphones
May 19, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #31 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a shame since one can is borderline worthless and the other can is Stellar.

I assume you own a D7000? How is an HD 650 borderline worthless

May 19, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #32 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by zupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume you own a D7000? How is an HD 650 borderline worthless

I have a lot of Canz, none are the D7000. You can peruse my Profile. The 650 is a Great can if you have never heard any other can. You can look at my profile to determine i have the juice to drive them properly also, they are just a boring POS headphone IMHO. I'd sell them if the y were worth anything. I don 't listen to them at all and they are like new. Boring, Dark, no-sparkle canz! They don't do anything bad, and they don't do anything well.

May 20, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #34 of 50
Quote:

I'll be using a compass, which I notice you also have

Do you prefer the sound of the D5000 or HD650 using the compass?

The Compass can do either, but the 650 is IMHO a Boring POS.

May 20, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #35 of 50
zupa, 650s are great cans.
I doubt you will be disappointed with them.
Keep in mind that to hear the best out of them a decent source and amp are essential.
If you find them 'boring' you can always upgrade to something brighter later.
650s have good resale value so you could get a good chunk of your money back.

May 20, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #36 of 50
well I ordered it from J&R over the phone, it hasn't shipped yet so I think I'd be able to cancel.

Now im starting to have second thoughts and may want to get a D7000

May 20, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #37 of 50
Quote:

well I ordered it from J&R over the phone, it hasn't shipped yet so I think I'd be able to cancel.

Now im starting to have second thoughts and may want to get a D7000

Trust me, get out of those 650's like they were a Heroin Habit. I feel like you are a caller on a suicide hotline. Anybody who suggests the Senns to you is a drug dealer! I'll give you a personal phone number to call, don't do it!!\

D7000s vs HD650s, what are you, freakin' stupid!

May 20, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #38 of 50
lol

well hopefully I can get more opinions by tomorrow

Right now I could get the D7000 for 525 shipped but would have to wait for them to get in stock. Anyone else think I should get D7000 over HD650's?

May 20, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #39 of 50
I think you should do some listening before you do some $$$ spending.

May 20, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #40 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a used HD600 and MS-2 for the same investment.

This is an excellent recommendation. This way you get to try both the Sennheiser and Grado sound signature to see what you like.

Taking in to consideration your budget, if you want to go all out on one headphone I'd lean towards the ATH-AD2000.

May 20, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #41 of 50
Sennheiser 650, get a used pair and have the money leftover for cds/downloads/replacement headphone cable or even one of the "audio-grade" electrical outlets ...

May 20, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald North /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you should do some listening before you do some $$$ spending.

\\

I wish I had the opportunity to, but as of now I'm solely going by what reviews/others say

I know this thread said 500$, which was my original price point, but now I find myself spending near 1k with everything... maybe I should leave this forum before its to late

May 20, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #43 of 50
Quote:

lol

well hopefully I can get more opinions by tomorrow

Right now I could get the D7000 for 525 shipped but would have to wait for them to get in stock. Anyone else think I should get D7000 over HD650's?

The D7000s are excellent headphones, owned them for a few weeks, but they didn't blow me away. Their bass is excellent but the midrange just didn't do it for me.

I'd go with the HD600/MS-2 or AD2000 suggestion I seconded above.

May 20, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #44 of 50
Quote:

\\

I wish I had the opportunity to, but as of now I'm solely going by what reviews/others say

I know this thread said 500$, which was my original price point, but now I find myself spending near 1k with everything... maybe I should leave this forum before its to late

Choosing based on reviews is hit and miss. Everyone has their own listening preferences and perspectives.

I personally prefer the sound of beyerdynamic DT880 and AKG K601 headphones to the Sennheisers.

May 20, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #45 of 50
Quote:

\\

Go Ahead, reinvent the Freakin' wheel!!!

Disregard all the people who have spent $5000 before you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back